𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇

Jane

"Oh my goodness, you live in the Morna house?" Hazel beckoned staring outside at the vase cottage. They had just pulled into the driveway after a silent five minute drive.

"Well yeah just until the end of this year." Jane responded setting the car into park. Jane saw Hazel go to speak but then immediately shut her mouth. "Aw is hazel gonna miss me?" Jane teased.

"No I just...wish that you went earlier that's all." Hazel responded rolling her eyes.

"Same here, I can't deal with your grumpiness anymore." Jane said truthfully. She had never know Hazel to be a grumpy person because she was used to the joyful goofy hazel that wouldn't hold back on being herself and always found ways to dig herself out of grief yet this Hazel, made Jane uncomfortable.

"I'm not grumpy, your just a bitch and I hate you." Ouch. Jane was almost shocked at what she said and her mask almost came off as she felt tears brew but if Jane was good at anything, it was hiding her emotions. So when this bomb was dropped, Jane found an easy was to dodge it.

She calmly smiled making hazels eyebrows knotted. "I admit it, I'm a bitch, however, at least I don't pack my shit and leave every time an obstacle comes in my way, because then I would be a pussy." Jane saw hazels jaw clench.

"That was one time,"

"One time that felt like a thousand." Jane smiled stepping out of the vehicle. She took a deep breath to hold in any sense of weakness and started to walk towards the cottage. She heard hazels small footsteps behind her yet she didn't bother to look back.

They soon had found themselves in janes temporary house and they sat on the velvet comforter, janes legs crossed with a glass of red wine in her hands and hazel with her coffee.

"So..." Hazel started.

"So what?" Jane questioned becoming increasingly frustrated.

"Look, I don't mind being known on the internet anymore, in fact I feel like it could help." Hazel smiled.

Fuck. That word ran wild throughout janes head as she listened to Hazel talk on. Jane was scared. In fact scared didn't fit how the woman felt because she had already crossed that line. Jane continued to drink the alcoholic beverage as if it was the only way to cope. Jane found alcohol was her best friend because it was always there when she need to lean on someone or when your favourite person ditches you. She had tried cutting down before this job however, it soon hit its peak again as she saw Hazel.

"I don't think you are prepared to be famous Hazel. It's a big fucking responsibility and as well as that, I don't want you to." Jane finally let out like had been dancing on her tongue the whole time.

"But why? I'm a woman now Jane." Hazel started to raise her voice.

"Because of last time you idiot! I know that wasn't being 'famous' but it can get to your head and people can change and I don't want you to." Jane confessed noticing her venerability come through as if the alcohol had summoned it.

"I didn't change last time-" Hazel stopped herself as if she had realised something. "I did change didn't I." She confessed. "And that's why you spread that rumour." Jane could see the sadness in hazels eyes. She just wanted to hold her frail body and give her the opportunity to let her cry it all out. Jane can remember the countless hours she had held Hazel when her parents passed. She can also remember how Hazel had stopped eating and would often faint so Jane had to moved in to her house with her grandmothers permission. After Hazel had left Jane couldn't sleep at night  because she knew she could help her anymore and she couldn't comfort her when she had a nightmare or sing her songs to let her know she was there.