𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Jane

I stare at the wedding invitations that lay in-front of me. Joel decided for us to get married next month which has me nervous all over. He also made me write them all out individually because apparently it's 'more cared for'. All of this work for them to probably be thrown away. Shame, they are pretty invitations.

"What about your parents? Are they coming?" Joel asks. I hadn't actually told them about Joel but I know they found out I mean, it's everywhere at the minute.

"I'll write them an invitation but it's their choice." I scribble down onto the card, "who else?"

"What about Hazel?"

"No."

"Isn't she important to you?"

"Joel no."

"Oh come on-"

"I said no!" I shout at him. He stands up from the bed and smiles at me through a mirror, walking closer to me.

"Okay it's up to you but I just thought us three could discuss the future after the wedding and maybe you two could have some time together in Hollywood." He says kissing my head, "how about you write her an invitation, its then her choice if she comes."

I bite my lip unsure on what to do, "fine." I write her name on the card. "But remember how awkward it could be and I feel so bad."

"Why can't you both just let it go now?" He sighs, "can't you see this win-win situation? I get to become more famous, you get to become more famous and have people stop suspecting you and Hazel dating and Hazel gets to well...be Hazel."

"Sorry I'm getting confused at the 'win-win' part."

"Look, if I was really such a bad guy, that video would be everywhere right now and I would make you stay with me forever and change your last name but, I'm not. Yes I had to blackmail you but you have to fight for things to happen."

"But everyone knows you were going to win an Oscar, you are like the only one who can't see it so...why?" I question.

"because I don't believe in myself."

I laugh hysterically, "are you for real? Joel Williams doesn't believe in himself. Holy shit that is something I would've never considered of saying."

"It sounds stupid I know but everyone has that one little dent about themselves. I think that's almost where my confidence comes from in a way? It's like if I can convince others that I'm going to win then maybe I can convince myself? I don't know."

"I understand you." I say. "But it's still kind of ironic." I laugh a little and he does a little smile.

Then, I look at my phone as it vibrates.

Hazel posted on her story.

I quickly reach for my phone, open it and log into instagram then go straight to her account. I look at the photo on her story. It's of her and that Kim girl eating a donut. Both of them looking at the camera with a funny face.

Therapy my ass.

How is this helpful with hazels wellbeing? I should get Kim sacked.

"who's that?" Joel asks peering over to look at my phone.

"Oh just a friend." I say placing my phone down and breathing in.

"Hey I booked us to eat at a restaurant today because I feel like if we are getting married we should learn to tolerate one and another or, let me rephrase that, you to tolerate me. I brought you a dress that I hope you'll like and also your favourite chocolates. They are both on your bed".

I turn and look at him. "Thank you." I say automatically.

"Your welcome. And don't think about hazel and that girl you think she's hanging out too much with, she's lucky to have you." He says and before I can ask how he knows, he stands up and leaves his room.

After he leaves I take the chance to call up Hazel, only for it to go to voicemail. Then three dots appear.

Sorry in therapy, is it urgent?

I feel my eyes prick with tears as I think of her and Kim, I hate that I'm jealous.

It's okay just ringing to tell you I love you.

I put my phone slam down on the desk and rub my temples and then I walk straight to my room to cry. I open the door and I see the display of what Joel has made for me. There's a teddy bear, a dress which is beautiful and chocolates. At least he wants me.

-

Joel took me out to a fancy restaurant which overlooked the Hollywood sign. It's a girls dream date and it for sure won me over.

"Wow steady there." Joel says as I get out the car, "someone had too much wine I think."

"W-what? No I did not."

"Jane you were drinking it like it was cranberry juice."

"It looked like cranberry juice."

"Cmon." He puts my arm around his shoulder in attempt to carry me back to the house without me falling behind. After we moved to Hollywood again, it was almost mandatory for me and Joel to move in together with the engagement. We get into our large house and then I start to take off my heels but I struggle immensely as my vision blurs. "Here let me."

He gets down on one knee and takes off my heels. My phone vibrates in my purse so I quickly turn it on. "Ugh Hazel." I slur as I notice she posted on her story...again. I click the notification which brings me to an image of her and Kim...again. Looks like she's enjoying hazels cafe too much with Hazel taking a photo of Nora, Sophia and Kim in the frame, all smiling a bright smile with their hot beverages in hand. I feel the rage within me boil. I notice that she tagged Kim in the post so I click on it which brings me to her account and fuck she's gorgeous. Like not my type but she is certainly beautiful. She's got long thick jet black hair with plump red rosy lips and bright blue eyes. I feel so angry like, I've lost all emotion except anger, so I do the unthinkable.

I bend down to Joel's height and kiss him hard which he practically melts into. He grabs my waist and guides me to stand up. He pushes me against the wall, our lips still attached. After he kisses me for a while he picks me up (bridal style) and carry's me to his bedroom. He lays me on the bed gently and kisses down my neck slowly but firmly.

I smell his alcohol filled breath linger in the air mixed with his cologne. Then he sits me up and unzips my dress. My head a drunken mess, I let him. He takes off my bra leaving me chest exposed. Then I feel his hands take my breasts over and over like he'd been waiting for this moment. We both don't say anything. Instead the room is filled with his heavy breathing and my quiet moans.

He takes off his shirt and goes in on my breasts again. Then he takes my underwear off making me naked sat on his bed. This shouldn't feel right but I can't feel right now. He takes off his belt and slams it on the floor making a loud clunk. I gulp with my dry throat.

Here we go.

-