𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Hazel

"So where do we start?" Hazel said avoiding any eye contact with the famous blonde.

"Maybe the part where you decide to move?"

Hazel squirmed on the hard floor. "I moved because I had no other choice."

"Now your the dumb one. You know full well that you had a choice."  Hazel looked into janes eyes and finally saw the Jane she loved, the Jane that helped her out of her grieving. But then she also saw the Jane who made her scared to trust anyone or the Jane who used her parents death against her.

"There are consequences for you actions Jane. That day, I came to apologise to you because I felt like we had drifted." Hazel saying this made Jane gulp. "Why did you spread the rumours?"

"Well they aren't exactly rumours if there true." Jane replied.

"Okay, why the fuck did you tell everyone my parents died?" Hazel asked this then making Jane uncomfortable.

"Because." Was all Jane responded with. "Because I'm an idiot." She ended.

"That you are." Hazel leaned her head on the wall and deeply sighed. "Do you remember that time we tried to bring a cat home because it looked "ill" and we spent ages begging my parents all for mrs Nile's to come and shout at us for taking her cat." Hazel said smiling.

"We named her Lila all for her to be a boy." Jane laughed.

"Lila is such a cute name." Hazel said making Jane nod.

"I did it because I was jealous." Jane finally let out as if she was admitting it to herself too. Hazels head turned at the sudden truth.

"Jealous? Of what?" Hazel pondered.

"Everyone and that you made other people smile too, especially that guy." Jane looked over at Hazel who was sat opposite her. Hazel saw Jane slowly leaning in making Hazel find the invisible string pulling her in too. "Hazel I-" Jane was interrupted.

"Who shut the door?" A beam of light cascaded across the once darken room which then illuminated how close the girls were. The quickly parted and Darren looked at them knowingly. "Sorry to interrupt." He laughed awkwardly and scratched his neck whilst walking away.

Hazel and Jane looked at each other before Hazel said, "I should probably go." Hazel saw janes face expression change as if she put the mask back on.

"Oh yeah of course." She tucked a golden strand behind her ear. Jane followed the girl out of the cafe carrying a bag of sugar.

Hazel looked over her shoulder to see Jane become surrounded by swarms of people who acted like bees. She also noticed her heart rate increase when Jane gave her a side smile.

She faced forward and saw her two best friends at her cafe stand.

"Hey!" Hazel said running over to the girls and huddling them into a group hug.

"Hey girl, how's the stand and how's the blonde?" Sophia asked holding a sleeping coco.

"Stand was perfectly running well until I got trapped in the storage cupboard with miss annoying over there," Hazel pointed her head over to Jane who was still talking with the reporters.

"Bummer, she looked really sweet." Nora responded sipping at her hot chocolate. "How's the pumpkin decorating stand going?" Nora asked to Sophia.

"Bad. All the pumpkins turned out to be gone off. I'm gonna have a word with Dave because everything I've ever wanted always goes bad at these stupid events." It's true, Sophia's given luxury's always ended in poverty disasters. She once had a colouring table for the kids and soon found out the ink was permanent. Too bad she had let the kids draw on her.

"So Nora...how's James?" Hazel asked Nora whilst she made the next few coffee orders.

"Um good I guess, we haven't really talked. He said he wanted to meet up but I guess his mind has been preoccupied by someone else." Nora said lowly looking over at James who was talking to one of the actresses in the movie. The look on Nora's face said something different to how hazel had expected though. "Hailey was meant to meet me here five minutes ago." Nora said. Hazel had noticed over the past few days how Nora and hailey had been hanging out a lot. One time Nora had even taken it to the extent of inviting hailey over for their usually late night meet up when they all finished work. "Oh there she is! Love you girls but I've gotta go!" With that, Nora dashed off towards the actress.

"Hailey this, hailey that, you know even coco kept on saying hailey over and over again." Sophia vented bouncing coco on her side.

"They have gotten awfully close, but maybe it's good that she's got a new friend? I don't know." Hazel almost felt sad at the distance and felt like throwing up at the thought of their friendship group expanding.

"Mm I don't like her." Sophia said trying to hold her green tea in her hand whilst carrying the little girl. "Jason is off to play rugby again, I think he's gone for a month now?" Hazels heart ached for Sophia. She hated seeing her future husband go as if she didn't trust him and she looked fed up. However, Hazel also knew how loyal the guy was and she would never expect him to be the cheating type.

"How about we go out one night, just the three of us?" Hazel asked thinking it could benefit her to.

"I'm this town? Good idea, we can always help ms green re stock the book store."Sophia said sarcastically.

"No like go out-out. Maybe we could go outside of town and find a pub there." Hazel furrowed her eyebrows trying to think of a place.

"How about I throw a party?" Sophia suggested.

"We aren't 18 anymore soph." Hazel butted in.

"Yeah but we also aren't on our death bed, look, I'll find some childcare for this little monster and than we can party bitch." She whispered the bitch part in case coco was listening in her sleep.

"Okay cool! I'll invite some friends." Sophia nodded.

"Cute, right I'm gonna go and bribe mom to look after coco."

"Okay boo." Hazel kissed cocos head and said goodbye to Sophia. "Right I'm gonna find Nora," she noted to herself. She walked towards Nora who was stood in-front of the homemade jewellery stool ran by a woman named Luna. Luna was a sweetheart truly, she always made sure people felt welcome and comfortable in any way possible. Hazel could always see the woman being the first black woman to become president because of her commitment and confidence. She was truly amazing and to make things even cooler, she has a wife named Anna. They both deserved the world and more in hazels eyes.

"Hey Luna, I'm just gonna steal Nora for a minute," Nora looked over funny just managing to tilt her head away from whatever her and hailey were yapping about.

"That's quite alright sweetheart." Hazel smiled and dragged Nora's arm towards her.

"Hey what's wrong?" Nora asked looked more flushed then ever.

"Are you feeling okay? Your looking a bit red." Hazel said worryingly stroking her face.

"Yeah I'm fine." She replied.

"Okay so me and Sophia are throwing a party!" Hazel said happily clapping her hands. Hazel looked over Nora's shoulder to see Jane. Her breath hitched and her heart rate quickened.

"That's so cool! Wait can hailey come?" Nora asked with big eyes.

"Um...sure." Hazel said clearly un-aware of what she said due to miss annoying behind her.

"Cool! Love ya!" Nora kissed her cheek and ran off towards her new bestie.