𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Im going to switch to first person perspective because it flows better with the story.

Hazel

Numb. It's a weird word. It can be physically like when I hurt my leg by falling off the sofa, numb. But in this case, my numbness is different. My numbness feel like it'll go on for evermore and the worst thing about it is, it's all in my head.

In the past week I had lost my will to do anything. I hadn't gone downstairs. I called in sick. I ate too many pot noodles. And yet it isn't getting me anywhere but it's all I can do. The only things I get out my bed for are the either make food and coffee, feed the cats or to go toilet. Apart from those I've been stuck there. Usually over this past month I've felt and invisible string that draws me closer to Jane but now I've cut it. Even though it's been cut, my mind is still with her.

She hasn't called. I'm not sure if I'm gutted of not. I hope I'm not. I haven't had any texts from Sophia or Nora either which hurts. I should've just came clean ages ago and everything would've been avoided but me being me, I didn't.

I hear a knock at my door.

I ignored it.

It happened again.

"Hazel I know your in there!" Came a deep voice.

"Who's Hazel?" I reply back without even giving it a thought.

"Funny, open up!" The voice shouts. I slowly drag myself out of my bed and then turn to the mirror. Horror is a word for it. Absolute horror. My eyes are puffy and scarlet from crying, my hair is matted, my Taylor Swift top is now covered in a layer of cat hair and my eyes look empty.

I slowly make my way to the door and then gradually open it to see Darren. His facial expressions do truly show how bad I look.

"Oh Hazel."

"Hey Darren." I move my hand up to show a wave.

"Was that a wave? You know what never mind. What the fuck happened to you? Who happened to you?"

"How did you know?"

"I've seen my sister go through shit like this." Darren makes his way indoors and immediately heads to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

He waves the coffee container to signal his actions and then silently continues. He then hands me a coffee and then heads to my bedroom. "Drink that coffee and then shower, after that get ready and I'll meet you downstairs." He says and then he hugs me and I just cry.

"I'm such a mess." I pull back.

"It's okay to be a mess haze. This is just a rough patch okay, it'll get better after this I promise you no get your ass in that shower and meet my downstairs." He smiles and I laugh.

"Okay, thank you."

"That's what friends are for." He smiles and then walks out of my apartment.

Following his words I get ready. Although I don't feel better, I took it and that's one step. I'm wearing a oversized knitted jumper with some grey joggers that are cut at the bottom. The jumper makes me feel hugged which actually makes me feel safe.

I walk downstairs and take a breath in. My chest feels hollow and my head feels frazzled. But I still push myself and walk through to the cafe. Luckily my amazing employees has kept the cafe running and it still looks incredible as always. I see Darren wave me over to one of my favourite booths and I sit opposite him.

"So..." he starts.

"So."

"Are you gonna tell me?" He pushes.