𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

Hazel

"Haze, can you serve table 6?" Darren asks from behind the counter.

"Yep I'm on it now." I walk over to table six with a note pad in hand. "Can I get you anything to eat or drink?" I ask clicking my pen.

A lady with silver hair smiles and looks down at the menu in-front of her. "Should we order or wait?" She asks the man opposite her who I presume to be her husband.

"Let's give it five minutes." He responds with an open chest.

"That's not a problem I'll be back in five." I smile a warm smile.

"Wait a minute." The lady calls me back. I turn back around and face the two again. "What's your name sweetheart?" She asks. Not gonna lie I'm quite creeped.

"Um hazel." I say awkwardly.

The woman smirks at the man who just sits with his mouth slightly open. "Sorry that's all." She responds with a posher accent.

I nod and fast-walk off.

"Okay what the fuck." I say to Darren in a panic. "I think they're inspectors."

"They look to rich for that." He says.

"No they definitely are."

"Oh by the way Jane called."

"Oh I'll go answer her. You all good here for five?"

"I'm all good." He passes me my phone from one of the counters.

I smile and then walk into the staff room for some privacy. I call her back but she doesn't respond. Instead she texts.

Hey so please don't be freaked out by what's going to happen in a few minutes.

My eyebrows knit together as I tilt my head. Maybe she's texting the wrong person. I think not too much of it and then I walk out to help out Darren.

"Hey so you know the inspectors." He starts.

"Yeah what about them."

"Well turn around and look at their table."

I turn slowly and glimpse at their table. And then I make eye contact with my girlfriend.

"You know I don't think they are inspectors." I say.

She smiles at me but yet I read so much emotion in her face. And mostly her face is full of sorrow.

"So unfortunately you still need to serve them." He says.

"Really? I'm pretty sure that's her parents." I've only ever met them once and that was only briefly.

"Just face your fears hun, they probably don't even know you."

"Gee thanks."

"You know what I mean." I told Darren a few days ago about me and Jane. I know I shouldn't of but he saw me crying about janes wedding invitation so I had no choice but to explain the situation. He wasn't at all shocked.

"I shouldn't but...I do." I grab my notepad from my pocket and slowly walk to table six. "Hey so you ready to order?"

Jane looks down unable to look at me. I feel like she's upset over something that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's her wedding that I'm apparently invited to? Or maybe it's her spontaneous visit from her parents?

"Hazel it's nice to finally meet you." The woman starts.

"Mom you've met her before."

"Well I don't keep track plus my head isn't as polished as it used to be. Anyways, I'm Gwendolyn fox but you may call me Gwen and that is my husband Richard fox." He gives a small wave which I awkwardly wave back to.