𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

Jane

Me and hazel and currently sat awkwardly on the couch, none of us speaking.

"Would you like a drink?" I ask trying to ease the tension.

"No, it's okay." She replies softly before standing. She goes to the window which is covered by curtains.

"Hazel don't." I warn making sure she doesn't draw them back. "You'll make it worse for yourself."

"It's already at worse." She says with a huff. "We really are stupid, like why, why did we do it?"

"Because I really liked you." I say truthfully. "why did you do it? I don't know why you did it." I do know.

"Me either, I guess I'm just trying to figure myself out. Being single basically my whole life is so annoying." She admits.

"Can ask you a question?"

"Depends. But what is it?"

"Did you like our date, now I want you to remember, no one can hear us." I say and bite my lip in anticipation.

She tilts her head and I see her eyes flick to my lips and then back up at my eyes. "Yeah." She's says just quiet enough for me to hear. "But if you'd ask me whether I think it was worth this, then I would say no." She says and it makes me feel sick. But then I look back at her. The way she's sat with her arms crossed. The way her dimples aren't showing. The way her eyes show nothing but hurt. And then i immediately want to comfort her, tell her it'll be okay. I want to cuddle with her and give her anything. I just want her to be happy.

And I knew what this feeling was.

I love her.

And that scares me.

"You okay?" She asks bringing me back.

"Yeah, fine." I respond. "I'm not gonna see you again."

"Yeah, your not." She says. "It's a good thing though I'm sure. I can't imagine what would happen if you stayed."

"I can." I say. "You would come back to me and tell me that you actually like me but then a few weeks later you'll regret it and run. It's an ongoing cycle." Hazel rolls her eyes. "So your not gonna miss me one bit."

The room now feels stiff with tense. I try to distract myself from the way her cleavage is out or how she is sat so beautiful. I feel my face becoming hot every second.

"I don't know." She says, her finger placed on her peachy lips almost sending me insane.

"I have another question."

"Is this a quiz?"

"Do you think I'm hot?" I say casually. I watch as her posture straightens and how her chest rises faster. I watch as she shifts in her seat and immediately crosses her legs.

"Yes." She says quietly. "But the whole world does."

"Yet I only want one person to think i am."

Again, Hazel rolls her eyes.

I stand up just to put space between me and her.

She follows.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"Just felt like standing, that's all," she steps closer. "Hazel I don't think you should step any closer."

"Why." She reply's, she knows exactly what she's doing to me, and she's enjoying it.

"B-because..." She steps again. "Hazel."

"Jane." Even when she says my name it makes me feel something.