Chapter 21

Chapter 21

We went home that day. The Ranillos and the people are very grateful for our help. It was hard to leave them and I still wanted to help but my cousins need to prepare for the finals. Anyway, some of our helpers stayed to help and there are still donations coming.

"Are you sure you don't want to come here?" Kaizen asked Jake.

"Goodness, how many times would you ask me that." Jake said, very frustrated.

"You won't see her here, Jake. Don't worry." sabi ko.

"Tss. You're not sure about that."

"Oh, trust us, Jake. We are very sure!" si Ate sabay tawa. "You can just stay for a day."

"No, I'm busy." he shook his head. "Is Rake going to play now?"

"Yeah. Gabo asked the SK if he could play. Hindi naman makakalaban si Castro o si Hizon." si Baste.

"That's sure win, then. Kailan daw ang punta nina Ken d'yan?"

We talked for a bit more then prepared for the finals. I was shocked at the amount of people watching the championship.

Well, it's the championship so what should I expect, right? It's just shocking that there are so many people watching this. Kunsabagay, it's the Ranillos, Montellanos, and the Martinez team. For the whole tournament, their team got a huge fan base.

"Alright, boys! No need to show-off. Alam kong maraming nanonood para sa inyo pero huwag kayong magpakitang gilas. Just play seriously! Christen won't be playing. Although, I know you can do this but push your limits to get that trophy!" anang coach nila bago magsimula ang laro.

Basketball ang unang laro, volleyball pagkatapos. I smirked after seeing Baste's full gear again. He's complete with the knee pads, leggings under his jersey shorts, drifit shirt under his jersey top, and nike head band. His hair is neatly tied up in a bun which he asked Nica to do it for him. Unfortunately for him, he's sitting on the bench.

The first five are Rake, Joseph, Kaizen, Chad, and Jett. The calm people. Mukhang gusto ng coach nila na maging kalmado muna para makaipon ng scores. Kaizen and Jett are hot headed too, though not much like the other guys.

"Why is Christen not playing?" Nica asked.

"Sabi ni Destine kanina, susunduin niya ang mama niya na uuwi galing abroad." si Ate.

"Oh, the Tagles are coming home?" nagtaas ng kilay si Kim.

"Balita ko uuwi rin ang mama ni Rake." singit ng isang teammate nila. "'Di ba iniwan sila?"

"Ganoon ba..." I heard Anya muttered beside that teammate.

"I think we should just watch the game and support them." I suggested to stop the topic.

If that rumor is true, I'm worried about Rake and Destine. How would they react to that? They haven't seen their mother for so long and then suddenly she shows up. I'm worried it would break the both of them again.

I watched Rake drive his way towards the ring for a lay-up shot. He scored. Hinawi niya ang kanyang buhok sabay sulyap sa akin, nakangiti. I smiled and clapped.

Another foul has been made by Baste. Iritadong binato ni Kaizen ang bola sa kanya at tinamaan sa likod si Baste habang palabas ito ng court. Nilingon niya si Kaizen at umambang susugurin. Rake and the other guys immediately got in the way. Their coach called for a time out.

Their opponent team attempted to get the fast break but Jett was fast to guard the player. Naagaw ulit nila ang bola at pinasa kay Joseph who was free and was able to score for the three-point.