Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Then why are you avoiding me?" sabi ko sabay lingon sa kanya. "I had sleepless nights because I'm so bothered!"

He licked his lips at sandaling nag-iwas ng tingin. He sighed heavily then looked at me again.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I just..." he said hesitantly.

Nagtaas ako ng kilay. "What?"

"I just want to prove myself."

"To whom and why?" kunot noo kong tanong. "You don't have to prove yourself to anyone."

"Well I want to," aniya at seryoso akong tinignan.

Nagtagal ang titigan namin. His eyes look very serious while staring at me. Kumurap-kurap ako at tumikhim.

"So kanino? Are you courting someone and she thought that you're courting me too so you avoided me to prove yourself to her?" sunod-sunod kong sinabi.

He chuckled. I snapped my eyes back at him.

Umiling siya at nginitian ako. Iniwas niya pa ang mukha niya sa akin para itago ang naglalarong ngiti pero hindi niya rin napigilan.

"You think different, huh?" aniya habang nangingiti. "I want to prove myself to you that's why I didn't talk to you, for the mean time."

Umangat ang kilay ko. I heard the noise from the mansion. My cousins must be done showering.

"You don't have to prove yourself to me."

"I said I want to."

"Why?" tanong ko na nagpatahimik sa kanya.

Tinago niya ang ngiti sabay dinilaan ang labi. His eyes looked amused while looking at me. The seriousness in his expression earlier was gone now.

I tilted my head and raised my brow. I'm still waiting for his answer.

"I saw your disappointed face that day. Alam mong marami akong naging girlfriend. Jake and Kim surely told you about it. I said that was in the past but my words won't prove it, right?"

Umawang ang bibig ko. I can't believe what he's saying but his eyes look sincere.

"You think I ghosted Faye, right? You think I'm still playing girls like in the past."

Hindi ako nakapagsalita. That was true. I was really disappointed.

"That's why I stopped talking to you. I think that you won't believe me if I still try to approach you, especially that you didn't like what I did last time." ngumiti siya. "I want to prove myself. I'm trying to correct things so you can believe me again... and talk to me without disappointed."

That moment I realized something. That he's really not that bad, unlike what Kim kept telling me. Maybe he's really changed.

Has he really changed, though? Baka naman sabi niya lang 'yan. He is a man who's good with words. He can play with your heart with just words alone while giving you his sweet attractive smile.

Should I believe him? Why is it big deal to me? Hindi ko naman sinabi na i-prove niya ang sarili niya sa akin. It was his choice.

Well if he wants to prove himself, then I should let him do it. Although I still don't understand why he wants to do that.

"I met Christina in the school earlier." kuwento ni Tita habang kumakain kami ng hapunan. "She participated in our charity for kids."

"Really? That's nice." ngumiti si Lola. "Kumusta raw ang pangangampanya ng mga Ranillo?"