Chapter 7

As I was getting ready for the winter formal all I could think of was what could go wrong tonight, hunters trying to find the beta, killing a teenager thinking they were the beta, killing Scott, Peter turning teenagers to werewolves.

My dad was still out, so I decide to do something I will regret doing. Not taking his police gun this time but his second gun he has hidden in the garage since I was little. It was easy to find, he hid it in the tool box.

I had my hair wavy and makeup down nicely with my black cocktail dress and flates that has a zipper going up the middle of it. I put the gun wrapped around my thigh like a assassin would have it in a movie.

Once I got to Scott's house I knocked on the door and his mom answered. "Wow Jackie you look,so different." Mrs. McCall said giving me a hug. I haven't seen her since I've gotten back. Then Scott comes down the stairs in his suit looking so mature. "Wow Jackie you look, wow." Scott said looking at me.

We got to school and Scott trying to act like a gentleman open the car door for me. "Do you think Allison will be mad?" I asked Scott. "No, I heard you talking at the mall about it and she sounded fine." Scott said putting his hand around my shoulder, "Your like a sister to me Jackie." he said with a smile.

"Your gonna hate me but you have to walk in alone cause I'm not allowed to be here." Scott said. "Okay but you owe me a dance." I said with a smile.

Once I got in the gym I saw Stiles and Lydia sitting together looking miserable as I got some punch. "Want some?" Danny asked holding a bottle of who knows what kind of alcohol. "Hell ya." I said as I took the bottle and poured a third of it into my cup.

I was looking for Scott but gave up and sat down at a table alone. "Hey." Isaac said as he sat next to me. "Hey where's your date?" I asked him. "I came alone, how about you?" He asked. "I came with Scott as friends but he had to sneak in since he isn't allowed to be here. I haven't seen him since I've gotten in the gym." I said as I scanned the room trying to look for Scott.

"Let dance." I stood up and took Isaac's hand dragging him to the dance floor. I was a little drunk as I danced but I don't think it was obvious. "Your a good dancer." he yelled to me over the music. "Your not bad yourself." I said.

Then my phone buzzed.

Anonymous: Meet me in the lacrosse field now. -Scott

"I have to go, thanks for dancing with me." I said to Isaac and walked out of the gym. I walked on the field and saw Lydia standing in the middle of the field looking for Jackson. I saw in the distance what she thought was Jackson was really Peter. "Lydia, run!" I yelled running to her. Lydia limp body feel to the ground and Peter went on top of her about to rip her apart as I tackled him off of her. It was most likely the alcohol that did that because I'm usually not that dumb to do something like.

Then Stiles came running over to me as Peter got up and claws were to my throat. "I'm going to die, I'm going to die." That's all I could think of.

"Don't kill her please." Stiles said.
Then Peter removed his claws from neck and stroke them up and down my face.

"Of course not, just tell me how to find Derek." He said.

"What?" He questioned. How the hell would he know?

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale." Peter repeated. Stiles looks at Lydia and I, all I could see in his eyes is fear.

"I don't know that, how would I know that?" Stiles said looking even more frightened as his claws made its way back to my neck stroking back and forth side to side.

"Your the clever one aren't you? And cause deception has a particular scent Stiles, you better tell the truth. Or I will rip both of them apart." Peter says pulling me closer with his claws pressed against my neck again but hasn't broken the skin.