Isaac Hargrave

3 years later

Isaac stood center stage in the vibrant gymnasium of Columbus High School, bathed in the warm glow of overhead spotlights that cast a gentle sheen on his tousled dark hair. The hum of anticipation filled the air as he adjusted the strap on his guitar, the strings humming in response. The low murmur of conversations came to a hush as he leaned into the microphone, his voice carrying a confident yet friendly tone.

"Good afternoon, Columbus," he greeted, a wide smile spreading across his face. His eyes, filled with a contagious enthusiasm, scanned the sea of faces before him. "How are we this afternoon?"

The crowd erupted into cheers, an electric energy coursing through the gym. He took a moment to tune his guitar meticulously, his fingers dancing expertly across the strings until he was satisfied with the harmony resonating through the air.

A resounding chorus of 'yes' filled the space, accompanied by cheers and whistles that echoed throughout the gym. The boys on stage exchanged knowing glances, ready to set the room ablaze with their music.

"Since I'm seeing some new faces this year," he continued, his voice carrying over the anticipatory buzz, "I think it's only fair that I introduce myself and the wonderful individuals I have behind me. What do you think? Are you ready?"

Taking a confident step forward, Isaac approached a black-haired boy wielding an electric bass. He threw a casual arm around the bassist's shoulders, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Ladies and gentlemen, this handsome boy right here is Asher, our bassist. And ladies, listen up – he's single and ready to mingle!"

Taking a confident step forward, Isaac approached a dark-skinned boy wielding an electric bass. He threw a casual arm around the bassist's shoulders, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Ladies and gentlemen, this handsome boy right here is Asher, our bassist. And ladies, listen up – he's single and ready to mingle!"

With a grin, he approached a blonde boy sporting a military-style haircut, the rhythmic beat of anticipation pulsating through the air. "And here we have your favorite drummer, Jayden," Isaac announced, giving the drummer a playful pat on the back. "Now, many of you already know me, but just in case you forgot, my name is Isaac, and we are 'Sophie & The Boys.'"

The band, composed of Isaac, Jayden, and Asher, with occasional vocals from Gabrielle. The origin of their collective name was a tribute to Isaac's mother, who had departed from this world three years prior.

"Well, the first song we are going to play holds a special place in my heart because it was one of my mother's favorite songs," he shared, his voice carrying a mix of nostalgia and reverence. "It's called 'Our Song,' so if you know it, sing it with me."

The gymnasium buzzed with excitement. The lights dimmed, leaving only the glow from the stage as the boys struck the opening chords. A gentle hum of recognition swept through the crowd, and as Isaac began to sing, the audience joined in unison. The chorus of the song reverberated through the venue, the voices of the crowd blending seamlessly with the band's passionate performance.

As the music filled the air, a palpable energy enveloped the room. Spontaneous bursts of dancing erupted from various pockets of the audience, transforming the gym into a lively dance floor. When the last note resonated, there was a moment of collective applause and cheers where the boys paused to soak in the euphoria of the moment.

"Now, I want to share someone incredibly special with all of you," Isaac's voice reverberated through the venue as he gracefully removed one of his in-ear monitors.

"Now I'm going to introduce you to one of the most important women in my life," He declared, his eyes gleaming with admiration. "She's more than just special; she's the heartbeat of this group. Funny, brilliant, and radiating a boundless love and generosity that touches everyone around her. I thank God every day for placing her in my life, and truly, this group would be nothing without her.Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Gabrielle Taylor."