Manslaughter

from the movie: Fallen Angel

Case:

a fatal encounter in the depths of ecstatic madness.

Evidence:

being madly in love is sometimes better than romanticizing the false fantasy of your fake love.

in the cocoon of your sinful embrace and amidst the tangled cobwebs of your deceit, i found a strange solace, a semblance of home. your perplexing presence cloaked my innocence, distorting it into a shadow of its former self. confusion waged war against my steadfast emotions, while tranquility seeped into the very core of my being.

you shaped me like clay, molding me to your desires, yet always just beyond your grasp. you, the puppeteer, and I, the strings you dare not sever, for the darkness that resides within my beauty has already woven its tendrils into the fabric of your heart. as i unravel your intricacies, i'm learning all your tricks, now, i can hurt you from inside.

but above all, your sinister yet joyous smile made butterflies in my stomach.

you effortlessly piqued my curiosity with your madness, like an enigmatic mathematical equation i couldn't solve yet found myself entangled in the complexities of your unpredictable variables. the more i sought to comprehend your recklessness, the deeper i fell into fascination.

your unique yet perilous personality drew me in, despite the darkness that echoed within your existence, compelling me to embrace you with the threads of my own gentleness. for beneath it all, you were just a boy yearning for acceptance, a longing the world couldn't fulfill.

i will be here, when you think you're all alone. sipping into your cracks, i'm the poison in your bones.

and when you wear that sluggish smile, i became frozen. glimpse of danger and darkness behind that reddish lips arouses the beast in me. whenever your mouth summons the most devilish curve makes me wanna own all of you even if it takes owning your dark side.

protruding veins that screams harm never failed to bring me warmth. your poisonous touch succeeded of making me addicted to the way you held me in your embrace. i've never been this safe from the arms of harm. i've never been satisfied of being at risk. i've never been this sure of offering myself to death; if it means of having you as mine... only mine.

oh darling! how did you convinced my heart to embrace you whole, behind the doubts and barriers of being hurt. how are you able to keep me safe in the midst of your chaotic mind and soul. how are you able to maintain your sanity when me-myself is losing control when your dark demeanor comes near?

i'm probably in love. in love with a romantic monster.

"In light of the evidence presented," the judge began, his voice solemn and decisive, "The court finds the defendant guilty of manslaughter in the first degree. The jury's decision is unanimous."

A wave of tension swept over the courtroom, palpable in the hushed whispers and anxious glances exchanged between the spectators.

The defense attorney rose, his voice tinged with urgency, "Your Honor, we respectfully request leniency given the circumstances. My client acted out of passion, not malice."

The prosecutor, unwavering in his stance, countered, "Passion does not excuse murder, Your Honor. The victim's life was unjustly taken, and the law must be upheld."

"The court acknowledges the emotional complexity of the case. However, the law must prevail. The defendant will be remanded into custody pending sentencing."

A cry of disbelief pierced the air but the wheels of justice continued to turn, indifferent to the pleas and protests that filled the room.

As the proceedings drew to a close, the sense of finality hung heavy in the air. The defense attorney exchanged a somber glance with the accused, conveying both empathy and resolve.

The prosecutor, his duty fulfilled, nodded in acknowledgment. "Justice has been served. May the victim rest in peace."

And with those words, the judge brought the trial to an end, his solemn declaration resonating through the courtroom.

"Case closed," he pronounced, a finality that echoed long after the last echoes of the gavel faded away.

|short story|
myinkspeaks