Chapter 28: Jai to the rescue

Songs for this chapter:

Teeth by The Japanese House

No dignity sung by alicia jemmia (originally sung by nozomi yamaguchi ft nyc alowicious. this is a cover)

~

Sage:

I haven't spoken to Luke since he admitted the only reason he was hanging out with me was so he could sleep with me.

Beau and I were slowly working out our issues. It's been a week now and i've kept myself busy with work. I told Troy that I wouldn't be able to keep up with all this pressure of work and practice and he said it was fine. Plus, the girls are great and don't need my extra help.

Sam had dragged me to the gym today so we were both currently working out. I had my earbuds in as I ran the treadmill and Sam went off to do Medicine ball throws.

I've been paranoid that we would run into any of the Janoskian boys, but Sam told me to relax and just take my stress out in exercise. I increased the speed on my treadmill and kept on running. My earbuds were currently blasting My Chemical Romance and I made sure the volume was super high so I could just focus on my running and the music.

After awhile of running, I felt someone's eyes on me, but I ignored it and just kept running on the treadmill.

I received a text from Sam saying she just finished her workout and I slowed down to reply. I told her I was going to stay a little longer and she told me she was going to go home. We both came here in separate cars.

I went back to running, increasing the speed once again. When I do work out at the gym, which doesn't happen very often unless Sam makes me, I like to make sure I work out to the point where I literally feel like i'm going to pass out and feel super sore, that's how I know that I had a good work out.

I obviously do other things than run the treadmill like, lift some weights, russian twists with a medicine ball, cycle and a few of the other machines, depending on what I wanted to work on. Today I just did some stretches with Sam before doing a few russian twists and then heading to the treadmill that i've been running for quite a while now.

There's a mirror in front of me and I notice a boy in the back, lifting some weights. It's Daniel. I instantly look away and keep running, focusing what I came here for. I knew I was going to run into one of the boys eventually. I wonder if the others are here.

I start to feel a little uncomfortable because I can feel someone's stare at me, but i'm not sure who. I run a little longer until I see Jai walking up behind me. I stay focused and keep running, but he's right behind me, watching.

He finally stops and the woman next to me stops running and he takes her place. I look to the side and give him a closed mouth smile. He returns a much friendly smile and I start to feel like a bitch for not giving him a much friendly smile that he did.

After another thirty minutes of running with The Weeknd blasting in my earbuds, I completely stop the treadmill, already feeling like i'm going to pass out. My legs are wobbly and I feel like I might just fall and not get back up.

"You sure run, huh." Jai chuckles, getting off the treadmill to help me. "Yeah," I laugh a little. He hands me the water bottle I brought, "Thanks." I chug down almost all of it and wipe the sweat from my forehead, my chest heaving up and down.

"Do you run when you're stressed?" Jai asks casually, leaning against the post. "Maybe."

He nods, looking around before leaning in, "You smell," He states, his nose scrunching up. I scoff, shoving his shoulder lightly with the strength I had left in my body. "You don't smell so good either, stinker bell."