Chapter 29: Party with the boys

HAPPY FOUR YEARS OF THE JANOSKIANS! GUYS I ALMOST CRIED DURING THE VIDEO MONTAGE JAMES MADE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ACTUALLY BEEN FOUR YEARS WOWOWOWOWOW

Songs for this chapter:

LA girl by The Janoskians 

Set this world on fire by The Janoskians 

~

Sage Venice:

To say that I was looking forward to this party was a complete lie. 

I'm a nervous wreak and I can't even decide what I'm going to wear. "This is why you don't wait last minute," Sam sing songs as she applies the last of her make up. 

"Oh shush," I go back to searching through my closet, looking for the right outfit to wear. Finally, after a long time of looking for what to wear, I pull out a black tight skirt and a white crop top with triangle cut outs on the side with a pair of black high heels. It's a little edgy for me, but I guess it's good for a party. 

After applying some very light makeup Sam and I leave the house. Yes, i'm dragging my best friend to the party. There's no way i'm going to able to do this on my own. It's almost ten and Jai texted me last night saying the party starts at nine so we are a little late, but I don't think it would matter. 

I try to swallow the egg size lump in my throat as we make our way up to the Janoskians' house. 

It's just a party, I don't know why i'm getting so worked up on this. 

I don't bother knocking on the door when I notice people out on the lawn with cups in their hands. The music was so loud I could hear it from the drive over with our windows down. Sam pushes open the door, which was unlocked, and we enter. 

The music is even louder and the house is super crowded with people all over the place, holding red cups or beer bottles. 

"Sage! You made it," James smirks as he see's me. "And you brought, Sam. Welcome." He smiles to the both of us. "Drinks are in the kitchen." He informs.

James disappears when Vera walks over, dragging him away from us. If she's here than Florence must be here somewhere as well, probably with Luke even. 

I notice Daniel and Jai and we go over to say a quick hello. "Glad you could make it," Jai tells me before he leans in so his lips are close to my ear, "I know Beau's somewhere around here if you're looking for him."

His voice is only in a hushed whisper, but is quite loud from our close proximity. He pulls back, barely tilting his head to the side.

"I'll be right back, you need anything?" Sam asks, "Daniel wants me to get a drink." She explains.

I wave her off, "I'll be fine." Not. 

As soon as Sam and Daniel have their backs to us, Jai opens his mouth, "I'm going to get you a drink, yeah?  You seem tense." I shake my head, "I'm good. I think i'm going to stay sober for this one." 

He pouts, but soon chuckles before he is whisked off by James who needed him for something about the music.

I walk around the large house, pushing past people and mumbling small 'sorrys' every time I did. People are grinding and dancing in the living room and I find no trace of the boy with light brown hair and green eyes.

Leaving the living room, I spot Beau going down the stairs. He stops at the end of the stairs to talk to a guy who has his arm wrapped around some brunette. The guy says something and Beau laughs. Daniel and Sam have returned and Beau notices them.

He asks something and Daniel shrugs and I see Sam's lips moving, but I obviously can't hear anything she's saying. Daniel seems to agree and he points off to the spot we were just standing out when Sam and I first arrived.

Beau looks back over and nods, walking over and my eyes widen. I'm not ready to talk to him. What would I even say? I shouldn't have came here. I just can't bring myself to talk to him yet even though it might seem to be the right thing to do.

We were working on things and slowly moving on for the fact that something had happened between Luke and I. But now I just feel incredibly awkward. I'm just praying that I won't run into Luke tonight, even if there's a tiny part of me that was hoping I would.

I turn away, but it's too late. Beau found me and he's walking over, his signature snapback on his head. I give him a shy smile which he returns. "Hi," I breath out.

"Hey, I was looking for you." He tells me and I nod. Beau hesitantly places a hand on the small of my back and leads me to the kitchen. "I'm glad you made it. Let's get you a drink, yeah?" This time I don't object. I'll have one small drink and that's it. 

Beau pours me some sort of alcoholic drink into a red solo cup and I take a tiny sip of it, cringing at the taste. Beau chuckles and pours himself a drink before pulling me away from the kitchen and by the sliding door. 

It's nice out and not too cold either. People were talking and laughing by the pool and everyone just seems to be having a good time. My drink is shaking in my hand and Beau notices, a frown on his face. "Are you cold? We could go back inside." He offers. 

I shake my head. The fresh air is good and very much needed. I lean against the wall and Beau sighs. I look up at his face to see he's already looking at me. "Look Sage, I really wanted to talk to you about what happened. Things have been a little off even though we've been working things out," He explains. 

And he's not wrong. Yes, we've been working on where we left off. I vowed to myself to never kiss Luke or even look him in the eye again and hopefully avoid him at all costs. But there's just  small moments where we both know it's awkward. "I hope you don't think we're rushing things and i'm sorry that i'm bringing this up now, especially at a time like this." Beau apologizes, running his fingers under his snapback. "Fuck," He mutters.

I reassure him, "it's okay, Beau. I don't think we're rushing things." I tell him. Some tipsy guy walks past us, patting Beau on the back for 'hosting a hella great jam!' before he trips and almost falls into the pool until someone caught him and pulled him back up.

Beau and I both giggle a bit and he looks back at me which makes me blush. 

To be continued.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hi!

I just wanted to make a quick update in honour of four years of The Janoskians! 

GUYS IM WORRIED ARE THEY BREAKING UP?? OR IS JAMES LEAVING CAUSE THE END OF THE VIDEO IS SO SKETCHY TO ME AND IDK WHAT TO THINK. LIKE I NEVER WANT THEM TO BREAK UP AND I DONT WANT TO THINK OF IT LIKE THAT BUT IDK!!!

-Diana