Chapter 3: Done

Sage:

"Good morning, Lenny." I smiled as I clocked in for work at the diner. "Morning, Sage. How are you today?" He asked. I shurgged, "Im okay."

"You didn't come in for an extra shift last night I heard." He said as he grabbed a few empty milkshake glasses and set them on the counter, drying them off with a rag. "Nah, I met a few people last night and one of them invited me to join them for dinner at a diffrent diner." I chuckled.

"Oh was this person a girl or a boy? Perferably a really good looking boy with green eyes who was eyeing you up the other day when you took their orders." Lily's voice cut in from behind. I could practically hear the smirk in her voice. I blushed slightly and Lenny chuckled. "You two have fun now." with that he left Lily and I.

"So... was it him? Now dont lie now, I saw you two yesterday night." Lily teased, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. "Ya I was with him last night. His name is Beau."

"He seemed to be really intrested in you." Lily smirked as she tied her black waist apron around herself. "Mmm not really. We're just friends, kinda. His friends were really nice but the three other girls were kind of mean." I sighed.

"Oh and get this, the really rude boy is his brother!" I exclaimed. When Beau told me that night that Luke and Jai were his little brothers I was quite shocked. Beau is so nice and Luke is so... rude and arogant and a total pain in the behind.

The door to the diner opened and Lily's eyes light up. "What?" I asked but before I could turn around a hand was placed on my shoulder making me flinche. "Hello there." Beau smiled. "Hi, Beau."

"Oh, Lily this is Beau and Beau this is Lily." I said introducing the two. They said their hello's before Lily excused herself with a smirk and went to serve a customer. "So," Beau started, "What's your plan for today?"

"Well, I have a morning shift here but after that i'm free for the whole day. I'm not working at the beach today."

"Great because I want you to join me at the beach today with everyone else." Beau said with a giant smile. "Cool, I'll meet you at the beach?"

"How about I pick you up?" Beau offered as he bit on his bottom lip in a flirtatious way. "Sure," I laughed. We exchanged our good byes and Beau said he would pick me up right after my shift ended so we could walk together to the beach.

~

"So, how long have you been living in California?" Beau asked curiously as we walked toward his group of friends. "Practically my entire life." I sighed.

"Hey, Beau! Oh, hey Sage is here!" James yelled to everyone. We said hello to everyone and when I got to Luke he just glared at me. "I would say 'hey im glad to see you' but, i'm actually not happy to see you." He fakely smiled. "Oh dont worry about it because the feeling is mutual."

"Okay kids, no fighting." Jai interupted, pushing Luke away from me. "Sage, take a seat with us. I'll get you a drink." Jai offered, walking over to the cooler that they had brought. He handed everyone a bottle of beer but when it came to me i politely decline. Luke scoffed as he saw me decline the drink. "Of course, good girl doesn't drink." I shot Luke a glare as him and Florence snickered. I turned back to Jai, "Sorry.... i'm not a big fan of drinking." Jai gave me a nice smile, "It's cool. How about some lemonde?"

"That would be awesome." I smiled back. "Here, i'll get it." Jai said quickly turning back to the cooler, then handing me the lemonde. "Thanks, Jai."

"No problem, Sage. So, how was your walk with Beau?" He teased, wriggling his eyebrows at us. I noticed Luke send daggers to us and I just ignored him. Why the hell does he care? He's got Florence. It's not like he even likes you anyways, Sage. You don't like Luke either. The voice inside my head reminded me.