Chapter 15: Waking up

Happy Valentine's day!

Songs for this chapter:

Jealous by Nick Jonas

Young blood by Birdy

~

Sage:

I woke up confused. I felt someone's arm wrapped around my waist, snuggling me close to their chest. Little bits and pieces of what happened last night was coming back to me and inwardly groaned to myself. I turned around in the bed and faced a sleeping Luke.Never in a million years would I ever imagine myself in this situation with Luke. If you told me that I would end up trying to save 'Luke' at the beach, run to his place, crying, and end up sleeping in his arms all in one night i'd laugh in your face and take you to a doctor. But now, I think I need to see a doctor. "Why are you staring?" Luke's deep voice speaks up, his eyes still close. How the heck does he do that? "I'm not." I lie, staring at his parted lips. I wonder what its like to kiss someone with a lip ring. Oh shut up, Sage, you haven't even kissed someone before and you want to know what its like to kiss someone with a lip ring? Like you'd know the difference.  "Yes, you are." He chuckles, opening his eyes. I gave him a small smile which he returned. "How are you feeling?" He whispered. "Im better... thanks again." I laugh slightly. Wow this is awkward. "Yeah no problem." We stay in our position, in the comfortable silence. I close my eyes once again, this time, i feel Luke's gaze on me. "Why are you staring?" I mock making Luke chuckle. Wow he has a nice chuckle.

"I'm not." He mocks me back in a high pitched voice. My eyes snap open and I laugh at his imatation. "I do not sound like that! That voice is extremley high pitch and annoying." 

"Yeah, your point?" I slap Luke's chest and he grabs my wrist in his hand, slowling guiding my hand down his tone chest. I stare at our movement. What is he doing? I lightly remove his hand from my wrist and push myself from the bed, instanly missing the warmth of his body. "I should get going. I'm sure my clothes are dry so I'll give you these back." 

"Okay." He simply says, his tone changing towards me. I grab my phone and my clothes and quickly scurry towards the bathroom, changing in my, now dry, clothes. I still needed to return Luke's clothes from last time. I'll make sure to put them in the wash and return his things. When I walk out from the bathroom, Luke is on the phone. 

"Yeah, i'll be there... what? No I was just, um, busy..." He pauses before an annoyed look appears on his features. "Look, its doesn't fucking matter, its none of your fucking buisness, Florence. I'll see you later." He snaps, hitting the end button with a sigh. Luke notices me and his hazel eyes soften before he shakes his head and I move from being glued to my spot. "I'll um, see you." I quickly leave his room, not waiting for a reply. As soon as I leave his bedroom, I walk staright into a hard chest. 

"Oh im- Beau, hi." 

"Sage? I never knew you came by." Beau smiled as he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and I heard Luke's bedroom door open. 

"Oh." 

"Hey, little bro." 

"Hey." 

"Sage, why don't I give you a ride home?" Luke offers. "Oh its okay, I can walk." I don't need Luke doing me anymor favors. "How about I give you a ride?" Beau offeres kindly. "No, i'll take her. I'm going out anyways." Luke says as he pulls out his car keys. 

"Luke, I don't need a ride." I say slowly. 

"Sage..." He warns and I slouch. Why must he be so demanding? I turn to Beau, ignoring Luke. "I'll explain later, we'll meet up for coffee?" I suggest. Beau lightly smiles, taking my hand in his. "Sure. I'll call you." 

"Great." 

"Ahem, we should get going, Like, now." Luke sternly says. I roll my eyes and lean up, kissing Beau on the cheek. I guess i surprised all three of us. Luke looks a little pissed off as we walk to the car. I open the passenger door and Luke gets into the driver seat before zooming off. I don't say a word and neither does Luke. He just has the same pissed off look on his face the entire ride. "Did something happen?" I ask. "No." He says through gritted teeth. "Are you sure?" 

"For fucks sake, just please, stop talking." 

"Luke I didn't ask for a ride yet you force me to come with you, so you better explain because im not going to stay in this car with your cranky ass the whole way to my place." I threatan. I remember when Luke and I were fighting in the car and I got out and he made me return to the car. "Jesus, im just tired and I have plans." He mutters. "With Florence...?" 

"You heard?" 

"Yeah." 

"Well-" 

"I get it, Luke." I snap. Why am I being such a bitch? This is so unlike me. "Why does it matter, huh? You have Beau." 

"Beau and I are just friends. I don't even know if I want a relationship with Beau or anyone for a matter of fact." 

Luke pulls into my drive way. "Well I don't want a relationship with anyone." 

"Have fun humping and dumping." I say as I leave the car. 

"You have fun sending nudes with Beau." He calls back. 

"I dont have any nudes!" I yell. Luke snickers, a playful look on his face. "Sure, Venice." 

"Shut up, Brooks. I saw you look through my photos, no nudes." 

"Okay, okay, you got me." He smiles. He should smile more often. I give him one last look before entering the house. I know I don't have any feelings for Luke, I was just getting distracted. I need to focus more on my friendship with Beau. What happened last night was a one night thing. Luke's soft side towards me won't return and I don't care because we aren't even friends. 

He's just Luke and i'm just Sage. 

And that's all to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

gonna bake brownies today my friends r sleeping over tonight but I wanted to update before that :)

 Vote, Comment and Add! Love u guysss

-Diana