Chapter 38: Fight Night

Sage Venice: 

It's been a full week and Luke hasn't been answering my calls. I'm worried about him. I even went by the training centre, but Rocco said he was boxing and wouldn't be out till late. He's been training so hard and Jai had told me that Luke was starting to get too busy to even record Janoskian videos. James had said to calm down because he would come back to his senses when the fight was over. We were all anxious. 

After our little argument, Beau drove me home and told me if I needed anything I could call him. That same night I received a text from Luke saying that I didn't even need to show up anymore and that was the last thing I heard from him. 

The boy refuses to answer any of my calls or texts and I'm just worried about him.

I don't care what he says, I'm going to the fight. "Will you come with me?" I ask Sam and Charlie. I know it's a risk, especially since it's not the safest place out there and Sam isn't exactly on good terms with Tyler. 

"I don't know, Sage..." She sighs and I shake my head. "I was compleatly out of line, I'm sorry." I apologize. "Don't be, It's fine. I'll-i'll think about it." She stutters.

"Okay." I half smile at her. I don't want to force her into going or think that she has to go because of me. I'm going to go to support Luke with the rest of the boys and if Sam and Charlie want to come they can. If not, then it's absolutely fine. Charlie stays quiet, his brows furrowed as he stares at the wooden floor. He hasn't said anything yet which is starting to worry me a bit.

~

I'm anxious. I pull on my dark leather jacket and run my sweaty hands over my black skinny jeans. "Relax, Sage. Luke will be okay, alright?" Jai assure's me as he enters the room. He knows I'm stressed out, we all are.

"I'm just worried about him, Jai." I admit, staring down at my feet. He walks over, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know you are. We are too, but we have to trust him on this one." 

I take a deep breath, nodding to his words. This past week I've been on the tip of my toes. Luke obviously hasn't been returning my calls and the boys said he's still trapped in the training centre. Tonight would be the first time I see him for a while. 

"Let's go. The guys are waiting for us." Jai's thick Aussie accent pulls me away from my thoughts.  He puts an arm out for me to take and I gratefully smile, wrapping an arm around his buff bicep. He leads us outside and to the car. 

"Hey," I nervously say to everyone who says their hello's back. I'm a little surprised when I see Vera, Cleo and Florence. The blonde girl just glares at me slightly from where she's sitting, not bothering saying a hello back.

I know she's upset that Luke and I went out on a date and everything. They were fooling around at one point after all. But Luke told me that he didn't ever like her like that and just slept around with her for fun. Kinda cruel, but true.

My mom doesn't know about the fight tonight. I told her I would be sleeping over at Sam's and Sam's parents thought the same thing. They aren't even in the country right now, but in Paris closing some deal with a client. They won't be back for another few days.

She and Charlie agreed to come to the fight, but Charlie warned if Tyler or Jace pull anything on either of us he would drag us both out of the crowd and back home. 

We pull up in front of the building and Beau drops us off at the front, informing us that he's going to park the car and meet us inside. We all walk in together, each of us giving nervous glances around the place.

It was super packed tonight, even more packed than the first time Luke brought me in here. 

"Sage!" A buff man pushes past a group of people and I see that it's Rocco. "Hi, Rocco. Where's Luke?" I ask, my heart racing already.