Chapter 36: Events

Sage Venice: 

"I wish I could come, but I have to go to a dinner event." I groan into my phone. I'm currently laying on my bed, talking over the phone with Luke. I have an hour before I have to shower and start getting ready. "My mom found me a date and everything." I practically whine. 

She's forcing Megan and I to attend the event so we could meet Henry, mom's new boyfriend. It took her weeks to admit it, but she is seeing someone; Henry. I've apologized for the words I said to her that night Luke and I returned from our date, but she seems to have a dislike to Luke. 

That part confuses me. She didn't have this sort of grudge to Beau, just Luke. 

"A date? Really?" 

I sigh, picking at a strand of my hair, "Yeah. It's ridiculous. I don't even know who it is. Tonight is going to be so boring. I wish I could see you tonight." I push myself off the bed, rolling over to my side to stand up. 

Walking over to my closet, I pull out my dress that was put aside on it's own. It was long and lacey. The top part was a white lace and when it reaches below the part a little bit above my waist it changes to a black lace and continues down until my feet. 

"Sage!" Megan barges in. She glances around the room until her eyes land on me. "Time to get ready. Turns out we're leaving a bit earlier than expected." She tells me before leaving the room with a flip of her blonde hair.

"Luke, I have to go get ready," I say into the phone. I hear shuffling on the other side. "Luke, time to train! Get off the phone with your girlfriend and get your ass over here!" I chuckle at Rocco who I can on the other side. 

"Okay!" Luke yells back. "You have fun, babe." He says and my heart flutters. "Have fun training." And then I hung up. I went to the bathroom and took my shower before I dried my hair and got ready.

I put my hair back from my face, leaving two strands in the front that were slightly curled. I picked up the beautiful dressed and pulled it on, looking over at the full-length mirror. I smiled, running my hands over the lace.

"Sage!" My mom's voice was heard from downstairs and I sighed, grabbing my shoes and heading downstairs. She was dressed in a long silver dress and my sister wore a long burgundy colored dress. "Time to go, Sage. Your date is waiting for us at the event." 

~

"Sage, this is Jace Thawhorne. Jace this is my daughter, Sage." My mother introduces me to the man in the dark suit. I gasp when Jace's face is revealed. He smirks, picking up my hand and pressing a gentle kiss to it, "Lovely to meet you." He licks his lips, slowly lowering my hand and I pull it right out his grasp.

My mom gives him a smile before walking over to Henry. He's a tall man with blonde hair and pale skin. He's nice and my mother seems to really like. I'm happy for her. It took time to realise that her hatred for my dad wouldn't end, but I'm glad her hatred to all men did. 

"Uh uh uhhh," Jace whispers teasingly, grabbing onto my arm before I could scurry away. 

"Let go," I say through gritted teeth and he tsks me. "A dance first." His eyes linger over me, a certain look in his eyes. I don't drop his stare. "One dance." 

He hums in delight, holding out a hand for me to take. I shakily take his hand and he leads me to the dance floor. "Why are you here, Jace?" I don't bother to beat around the bush. He chuckles, "Your mom asked me to come. Where's your boyfriend?" 

"Training." I simply reply.

I look around the room and see no sight of my sister. My eyes meet my mother's icy blue ones and she nods at me. I look away.

"Ahh, right. He likes to train at night." Jace smirks. 

He twirls me, bringing me closer to his chest when I do the full three sixty. "Tyler is going to win the fight." He practically growls in my ear making me gasp. 

"Oi!"

We pull apart and my mouth falls open when I see Luke standing there. He's in jeans and a grey shirt. People are whispering and glancing at him, but he doesn't seem to notice. "Get your hands off my girl." 

Jace let's go, his hands by his head up in surrender. He takes a step back and I rush over to Luke. I hug him tightly and he wraps an arm around me, his hand going to my head. "Hi," 

"Hey." He smiles down at me. 

We pull apart and I turn to see Jace with a locked jaw, his hands in his pockets as he watches us intensely. 

"Let's go yeah?" Luke takes my chin between his hands and I find myself nodding. "You look beautiful by the way." He grins and I giggle. He kisses my hand and grips it firmly and we rush off. 

Time for another adventure.

~

"Come on, Brooks!" Rocco yells as Luke constantly punches the punching bags. He's sweaty and still going hardcore, sweat dripping down his face. 

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I reach back to grab it. It's a text from Sam. 

From Sam: 

 I saw Tyler this morning. Ran right into him, literally. The guy had the nerve to ask me to show up to the match! he wants to get back together... Charlie is going to be pissed

I sigh, sending a quick reply. Ever since the night of the event last week, Jace and Tyler have been showing up everywhere either of us went. 

That night, Luke and I escaped the party and got pizza before returning to the Janoskian's house. We hung out with Jai, James and Daniel. Beau was out and didn't come home till late when Luke and I were asleep in Luke's bed. He left early in the morning before I could even see him. 

After a few more punches, Luke stops and I hop off the bench I was sitting on to give him the white towel and a water of bottle. "Good job, champ." He chuckles, grabbing the bottle and drinking it down. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Thanks." 

Luke doesn't usually do morning trainings, but today was an exception since it the fight was going to be in two weeks. Luke has been constantly training all week long and he will be continuing this routine for the next two weeks. 

"I talked to the boys... they agreed to come to the match." Luke's chest heaves up and down.  "Really? That's great!" He nods, pushing his hair back. "You'll be there too, right?" 

"Yeah, of course." I assure him. 

I look into Luke's eyes and he bites down on his lower lip. "I have to keep training." He whispers. 

"I need to get to work." I scrunch my face with a pout which makes him laugh. He leans down to quickly peck my lips. "Have fun saving lives." 

"Don't train too hard." I grin with a wave before climbing out the rink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I UPDATED! WOOHOO!

-Diana