Chapter 6: Cold waters

Songs for this chapter:

Bravado by Lorde

White teeth teens by Lorde

Sage:

The next morning I skipped down the stairs and into the large kitchen, our chef, Guifford, was behind the stove. I slid into the seat behind the white island counter, grabbing an apple from the fruit basket, taking a bite. "Morning Guifford." I smiled nicely to our chef. Guifford was a chef from France and was the best chef i've never seen/meet before. He knew my mother when she went to visit France before I was born in a very famous restuarant in France before he moved here and got a top job at being a chef. I always wondered why he would leave a fancy restuarnt to be a chef here but I didn't question it too much. Guifford is like family to me. I've known him for my entire life. "Bonjour, Mademoiselle Sage." Guifford smiles as he adjustes his apron. "How are you today?" He asks in his thick french accent. "Im good, how are you?"

"Good, good. Oh yes, your mother has left for work this morning and wanted me to remind you about her special banquet and dinner." Guifford reminded, turning back around to his cooking. I groan at the reminder. I almost forgot about the banquet. "You do have a date, right?" Guifford asked, raising his eyebrow in an amussed way. I slumped in my seat and sigh, "No, but, I did meet someone that I might ask," I mumbled, fumbling with my fingers. "I just dont know if the whole banquet and fancy dinner is really his thing." I admitted. I wanted to ask Beau to come with me but I wasn't really sure if this was his scene. Plus, he's a really good friend of mine and I like Beau. But another problem was I didnt want him to meet my horrid mother. She would question too much of our friendship and I didn't want to ruin what I had with Beau. He was so funny and im glad to be his friend. Plus, he's cute.

"Ahh, I see." Guifford smirked, tuning backto the stove. "Guifford," I groaned. "I dont like him like that."

The chef just chuckled and flipped whatever he was cooking over before turning back around, wipping his hands with a towel. "Say that now, Mademoiselle, but we both know thats not true." I blushed at his words. I honestly did like Beau, but only as a friend. He was just very good looking with is green eyes and light brown hair and his funny, bubbly personality, unlike Luke.

I shuddred at the thought of Luke. He's a horrid little devil child that was always cranky and treats everyone like crap.

After finishing my apple, I got dressed for work at the diner. I was working from ten till five today, then a late shift on life guard duty, yes I did say duty.

"Morning, Sage." Lenny smiled as I entered through the door. "Hey, Lenny." I smiled as I walked into the back room to grab my black waist apron. "Mind being the bust girl for a bit?" Lenny asked. I shook my head, "Not at all." He just grinned and tossed me a towel and I grabbed the bin and started to pick up left back plates and cups from diffrent booths and tables, placing them carefully in the bin so they could be washed later on.

After very long shifts I got to clock out and change back into my regular clothing, white washed jeans and a plain grey t shirt with my simple shoes. "You have a shift at the beach?" Lenny asked as he placed some ketchup bottles on the tables. "Yup. Only for two hours since its getting late, then I can go home and sleep!" I whooped, cheering. Lenny chuckled. "See you on Monday, Sage."

"See ya." I grinned as I left. I really just wanted to go home and snuggle under my warm comforter. I was getting really sleepy. I know im a little bit sleep deprived from all this working and preparing for Lacrosse try outs but like I said before, I liked to stay as far away from my house, or the two people who live in my house actually. Megan and my mother.

I hummed a light tune under my breath as I changed into my red tank top, slipping a red life guard hoodie over it since it was getting quite chilly out. I had slipped on my shorts and flip flops, grabbing my whistle, my small aid kit with a water bootle. Kyle passed me in the life guard shack where there were chnage roms and where we kept our things and equipment. "Hey." I smiled. Kyle had returned a smile and he offered to walk with me to my life guard chair.