Chapter 19: Tonight is the night

Songs for this chapter:

18 by One Direction

18 by 5SOS

Just an 18 kind of day. Lol

~

Sage:

"This party sucks."

Sam speaks the truth. It's seven thirty and Luke isnt here yet. Where is that asshole? One of the staff members holding a tray of drinks passes by us and I quickly grab a glass. 

"Uh uh uhh." A voice sings, grabbing the glass right from my grasp. 

There Luke Brooks was, all dressed up in a fancy tux, holding my glass of champagne. "Never thought I'd see you holding a drink. What happened to not being much of a drinker?"

"Shut up, Brooks. You're late." He shrugs and places the glass out of my reach. "Well I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Whatever." I huff. He smirks and pulls me closer to his chest. "Oh don't be like that, Venice." He says, calling my by my last name. 

I push him away from, not wanting to be too close to him. He finally looked away from me and noticed Sam and Charlie standing by me. He gives a head nod and they return it.

"Sage did you see- oh hello." My mother smiles at Luke. He smiles back and I have to old back a laugh. His smile looks so polish and polite. Luke Brooks, that smile is fake as fuck. "Mrs Venice, how are you this fine afternoon." I break into a chuckle and bit down on my lower lip and Luke gives me a quick wink.

"Im fine, thank you." She replied. "Enjoy you're selves." She said before leaving.

"What now?" Luke asked and I shrugged. "We party, I guess."

~

The party was a big bore for us teens. Luke was actually quite charming around adults here. I thought he would have been swearing his mouth off, not giving a shit but he was really composed.

"Sage, your mother has asked for you two to start dancing so I can go a few photos for the website of the charity event." One of the photographers, Mitch, whispered.

Luke took my hand in a swift motion before I could agrue back, "Let's dance, surf princess."

I awkwardly placed my arms on his shoulder and Luke wrapped his arms around my wasit, pulling me closer towards him. I avoided eye contact with him as we danced. 

"Aw come on, I don't bite." He teases and I blushed. 

"I know," I mumbled, looking up to met his brown eyes. I searched the room for Sam and Charlie, not spotting either of them.

"Thanks for doing this, Luke." I say as we continue to dance. I try not to look at the camera as Mitch took numerous photos of us.

"Well, I did owe you." He chuckle, twirling us around. "True," I hum. 

When the song finishes we pull apart and go back to the bar, taking a seat on the bar stools. "How much longer until this is over?" Luke asked. "It lasts until one ish." I groan, "Its only eleven and my feet are killing me in these heels."

Suddenly, Luke's facial expressions change, a smirk playing on his lips. "I have an idea." He says. "You up for an adventure?"

"With you?" I scoffed. He rolled his eyes at me, "Come on, I'm not that bad."

"Who's not that bad?" Megan asks, interupting the conversation. "No one." I snap. I knew what Megan was trying to do, this woudn't be the first time. 

"Luke, would you like to join me for a dance?" She asks in a light voice, giving me a 'im going to do what I want' look.

"I would love to dance with the nicer Venice sister." Luke teased, getting up from his stool. He sent me a wink and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

Stupid jerk. "Don't have too much fun." I call after them in a bored tone.

"No promises, little sis!"

Megan had a reputation to date a lot of guys and well you know. She's my sister so i woudn't call her a slut. But what im trying to say I know what she wants from Luke. And like his older brother, the boy is good looking but his personalitly ruins it all. After their dance, Luke returns without Megan and he looks a little bit annoyed.

He grabs my arm and pulls me off the stool. "Hey, what ae you- ow!" I yelp as he drags me over to a corner. "Let's get out of here, I have an idea." He rushes out.

"What, I can't just leave!"

"Come on, Sage. Just live a little." He whispers, staring deeply into my eyes. I bite on my bottom lip, thinking about it.

"I'm not going anywhere with this outfit." I cross my arms over my chest. Luke smirks, "I thought you would have said that. Just come with me." I decide not to argue and actally listen to the little asshole. I just want to get out of these heels as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

This chapter is a little short so sorry about that!

By the way, I published a new story so if you guys want to check that out you can? only if you want to, i dunno.

-Diana