Chapter 26: Not exactly a date

Songs for this chapter:

Drinks on us by Mike will made it and The Weeknd ft Swae Lee & Future

Stressed out by Twenty One Pilots

~

Sage:

"You're going on a date?!" Sam squeals excitedly. 

I smiled, showing off my teeth, nodding my head. The date was tomorrow night and we were both so hyper. "So, it's like a date date right? Like not just hang out between two friends?" 

"It's a date date." I nod. I felt excited, but a small part of me thought this wasn't a good idea. I had to push that feeling aside though. 

"Do you know what you're going to wear yet?" She questions. "Nope!" I flop back down on the bed and close my eyes. "Are you working today?" 

"I wasn't suppose to, but they asked me if I could replace Rose's shift cause she's sick." I explain. I was looking forward to staying in this afternoon but obviously that's not going to happen.

"Oh yeah, Charlie got some sort of cold too. Well, we don't think it's a cold, i'm pretty sure it's just allergies or something." I turn to my side and open my eyes again. The light is blinding which makes me groan. 

"Sam, what time is it?" 

She turns on her cell and takes a look, "Ten to five. When's your shift?"

"Around six. I'll leave in like forty minutes or something. I really just want to sleep." I complain, snuggling into my comforter. Sam snorts, as she texts on her phone. This was normal for us. To just hang out, but do different things like sleep or be on electronic devices.

Neither one of us mind to be honest. "Oh, did you hear that Trevor Walker is back?" 

I gasp, sitting up. "Trevor's back? Are the rinks even still up?" I whisper cautiously. 

Trevor was Sam's ex boyfriend. They met a little bit before Junior year ended. They dated during the summer before Sam found out he was a street fighter and did matches in the ring for money. It was a dangerous lifestyle and she wanted nothing to do with it. 

It surprised me when they even first started dating since Sam hates almost more than half the male population and was never interested in dating anyone. Trevor has a subject that didn't come up very often and i'm a little surprised that Sam seems so calm about it.

"Ya, he's back and fighting again." Last we heard of Trevor was that he got into an accident and had to stop. 

Trevor has such a bad reputation it didn't surprise me that he was back and ready to fight. The guys was such a dick before Sam came in his life and a part of him always will be. Apparently after they broke up he completely went wild in the fights. I'm just glad she got out of their before it went out of hand.

I remember when Trevor even came knocking on the Monrova's door at midnight, demanding to talk to Sam. She freaked out and Charlie got pretty pissed off and went out there. It started off with shoves and turned into a full on fight before Sam ran out and stopped them.

Neither of us have seen him since then. 

"Did he try to get in touch with you again?" 

She shook her head. "His friend Jace did though." She whisper and I can't help but gasp. "Jace contacted you? Why the hell would he? Did he want you to see Trevor?" 

She shrugs, "I told him that if he's calling for me to see Trevor then he's out of luck and I then ended the call and blocked his number. I don't want to have to see them again, Sage."