Chapter 23: Sisters

Songs for this chapter:

The city by The 1975

She way out by The 1975

~

Sage: 

I dress up in some casual attire for today. I'm so excited to go out to the Olvera street with Beau, I could barely keep in my excitement. There's a knock at the door and I jump off the tall stool I was sitting on in the kitchen to answer it. 

"Hey," Beau brightly smiled. Today, he had his snapback on backwards with a pair of sunglasses. "Ready to go?" 

"Yep!" We make our way to his car and get in. The drive is fun as we talk about what we would want to do and just talking in general about our summer break plans. "Are you planning on going to a Uni or college out of California?" Beau curiously asked.

"I'm actually going to be attending the University of California, San Diego this upcoming fall so i'm little nervous for that but I mean it's going to be something new so I'm a little excited for that." 

He let's out a whistle, "Not bad, that's only, like, two hours and half away from here." 

I nodded and I asked him about the Janoskians' group and how their videos are going. When we got to Olvera street, I was practically jumping up and down from excitement.

"Someone's a little excited." Beau teased and I pouted, "Is it bad that i've been really looking for this?"

He laughed, "Not at all." We walked side by side and I smiled from the feeling of the warm sun of my face. There was some music playing from radios at different booths and we went to one where they were selling coloured guitars, cha chas and sombreros.

Beau jokingly put a sombre on his head, strumming his fingers quickly on the guitar, "Ay ay ayyyy!" He yelled, causing me to giggle at his silliness. I grabbed a pair of maracas and green sombrero while Beau asked someone passing by to take a few photos of us.

We kept walking till we got to a small jewellery booth. Beau insisted we bought something from there. I scanned through the selections of hand made jewellery that I could get for Beau.

We both agreed we would pick out something for the other person and give it to them. I picked out a wooden beaded bracket for him and paid for it. I wasn't too sure what to get him but it looked nice so that's what I got him.

I watched as Beau kept inspecting the brackets he picked out before putting two of the back and went to pay for the one he had kept in his hand, hidden from me.

When he returned with a small little plastic bag he smirked, "Ready to exchange, Sage?"

"Yep." I grinned, excited to give him the bracelet.

We both exchanged the bags and pulled the jewellery out. A small smile appeared on my face when I saw what he picked out. It was a really pretty bracelet with a bead in the middle. The rest was made out of strings using this really cool pattern. The bracket was bright and filled with different colours.

"Aww," We both said at the same time. He smiled, "Allow me." I felt a very small blushing rising to my cheeks as he took my hand and wrapped the bracelet around my wrist.

I slipped his bracelet on in return and continued our walk, wearing our new bracelets.

"You up for lunch?" Beau questioned, glancing down at the time on his phone. "Sure,"

We ate delicious Mexican food and got some ice-cream right after. We stopped walking to watch a few people dance in the street to a guy playing the guitar.

The rest of the day was filled with Beau and I just joking around and having fun.

~

"Who was the young man that dropped you off?" My mom questioned me. I looked up from my plate and noticed that the sound of her knife cutting through her steak stopped. She was staring at me, waiting for a response.

When she noticed that I wasn't going to answer she rolled her eyes at me, continuing to cut through her steal.

"It didn't look like what's his name again? Lewis Bricks?"

I put down my fork before I could bite into my food, "His name is Luke Brooks and yeah, that wasn't him who dropped me off."

My mom nodded her head, bringing her glass of red wine up to her painted red lips.

"Then who was he?" I pushed my plate back, a little bit irritated with her. "He was just a friend, okay?" I didn't know why I was being so dramatic over this.

The rest of our dinner was pretty boring until my sister, Megan, got home. She joined us for the rest of dinner, but I quickly got up and excused myself before it could be a family dinner. I wasn't in the mood to listen to my sister and mom talk about events, what i'm doing wrong with my life and how perfect Megan was.

I went up to my room and started to text, Sam. She was going on and on about how boring the trip to Boston was. She was currently stuck in her hotel room with Charlie, both of them bored out of their minds.

I text her saying to get out and to explore Boston a bit with Charlie so they wouldn't be too bored.

There's a knock at my door and I don't even turn to see who it is when I mumble a 'come in'.

Someone jumps on my bed and from the mirror I see it's Megan. "So... what happened down there?" She casual asked, picking at her nails with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing," I sighed.

Megan stared at me with her blue eyes, trying to crack me open to talk to her. "Seriously, Meg. I'm fine." I pushed so she would stop giving me that look.

She raised her hands in defence, "Okay, come on, get changed." She said, jumping off my bed.

"What, why?"

"We..." She dragged on, grabbing my hands and pulling me towards my closet, "Are going out tonight to have some one on one sister time. We've both been a little distant, I think this will be good for us." She smiled.

Something about her smile and the way her blue eyes looked innocent in the none devious way made me smile. She was being genuine about hanging out which is something we haven't done in awhile without being forced to.

"Okay," beamed, "Let's go have some fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey! Sorry if this update was over due, school has been driving me literally insane.

-Diana