5

At least the punishment was not too bad...

Li had gotten up early in the morning by a knocking on her door, and to her surpise, it was vaggie with the small cleaning demon nifty vaggie had ordered her to now be her assistant until the end of the day cleaning each and every thing in the hotel until it was sparkling new.

"Hehe, bugs, die, die,DIE!"

she was a bit reluctant to wear a maid outfit, but vaggie said it was required and to not be picky since it was punishment for yesterday evening.

"Tch even though it was her fault..." she muttered, li was cleaning up the curtains of one of the rooms on the first lobby she was amazed how big it was made since this room could be used for a dinning hall or make a sizable banquet.

"No stalling, no mess!" Li nodded and started to unclip the curtains from the metal hooks she counted about 20 in total, and she was lucky it was the last one, hopping off the ladder she pushed the laundry cart that had all the old curtains and table cloths to wash.

"Hey, nifty, where is the laundry room?"

"Next to the door that has a headless roach!"

"Oh, thanks for the pinpoint!"

Li kinda was not accepting that small detail, but it was better than looking for numbers on the door. Looking for the door was easy, but she noticed when you walked in was old, and a few cobwebs were still hanging around the corners.

'Guess I'll clean this up.'

It took a while, but she made the room a bit cleaner. I mean, it was blinding to the eye since she might have overdid a bit.

'Lucky me that the curtains and cloths were easy to dry.'

Going back, she noticed that nifty left a huge pile of cleaning supplies by the door plus leaving a note.

'Got go kill be back later.'

Ah, bug infestation somewhere. That's what she meant eh it's not like she never done anything on her own. This big room would be easy.

3 hours later...

"I regret saying it was easy!"

She spent her time dusting half the windows and cleaning them she almost threw the bucket of water to make it easier, but she knew it would take too much time to refill and washing all of the windows it would take even more time. So she had to reuse most of the dirty water until it was unusable. Later, the sweeping was tricky. The floors were sticky and had gum in some places, scraping it with a metal spatula, which made her back hurt, and her hands started to feel numb.

'I need motivation for this.'

Throwing away the big pile of gum in the trash, she went over to a corner where an old radio was a good thing, she really need some music to fill this room it was starting to feel lonely here.

Turning the channel on the radio, nothing seems good to listen to just stations with ads and blank static.

"Great, where's the modern music? Hell is so lame!"

After a couple of turns, she was able to find an old station, but it wasn't much, but it had old jazz playing, so she figured it would help with cleaning, turning up the dial it was on full volume.

As the music was picking up its beats, she started to sweep before she started to hum along with it, forgetting her surroundings. She imagined she was at home cleaning with her mom dancing to the music laughing when they would bump into each other.

After she was done, she walked over to her cart of cleaned curtains. The table cloths were already put away, so all that's left was putting them back up on the metal hooks she grabbed the fabric and started to climb up the ladder after a few minutes all the curtains were up and the smell of the fabric really did started to fill the room a bit.