side story #8: imprisoned

I remember being on a plane...

Screams echoed around the facility. A group of soldiers had dragged the bodies of the dead passengers a few barely alive, putting them on tables to be prepared.

I was flying to Europe for a small vacation visiting my pen pal Martha...

"Sir, this one is not affected. Where shall I put them?"

Sounds of tight clothes and metals clinking together, making a small jingle it sounded so innocent if it weren't for the person wearing them. They looked angry, their face covered in wrinkles they could be in their late 50s or so, having a huge scar right across their face an eye white while the other was a regular brown.

"Hm, strange... put them in the cleansing area and strip them of everything agent 23 will do the rest."

"Yes, sir!"

They put an unconscious woman on a table roller she was dazed she couldn't seem to focus on where she was since the bright lights made it impossible for her to see but the smell of alcohol and a few beeps made her think she was in a hospital so naturally she fell back to sleep thinking she was safe.

But she was wrong...

I remembered how I hated my life back in America how dull the colors of life were there how uncomfortable it was to live as a woman you couldn't believe I had to run from my abusive fiancé seeing how he was the public figure for peace...

"Alright, spray!"

The woman that was lying on the ground was awoken by the ice cold water splashing on her body, making her to gasp for air she tried to cover the best she could, but it was hopeless it felt like forever when they decided to stop she continued to cough up the remains of water out of her lungs shivering from how the air hit her naked body she could faintly make out how odd the room was or how odd her body didn't have bruises.

"Alright, put specimen 777x in room ⁷⁷¹AD, I'll prepare for the experiment."

A few people enter who roughly grab the wrist of the poor woman pulling her up to make her walk, but she couldn't she was weak with no energy to stand, so they dragged her out of the room once out she was able to hear the sounds of empty silence except the sounds of boots hitting the floors.

You would think having a chance of freedom was gifted to you by faith, but...

"AHHHHH! STOP, IT HURTS!"

"Hmm, no effect. Alright, start the next one inject 800ml of the pink spider blood."

"AHHHHHHHHHA!"

It was a cruel joke to believe in it...

It was months maybe even years that the woman was trapped in this location, a single white room with one small bed, all hard walls covered with pads a few meals a day, and the routinely injections she could feel the liquid doing something to her body and the weeks that past changes started to show first it was occurring headaches later the two weird bumps on her back and her hands had started to change color from her original skin color to being all dark as night it slowly crawled but to her elbow not moving any further.

"I see 777x had slower changes than the rest, but the two things on its back need to be extracted, doctor."

"Yes, but I think with this, you might reconsider."

The old commander leading this project looked at the files reading on the process he smiled wickedly and finally successfully made a human into a hybrid of a demon. With this, he could finally successfully put a war to end.

"I'll begin to put some more injections, but with this information, you have a higher chance to win."

"Yes, I should thank you, Dr Logan. This was a success."