14

Waking up in the banquet room was quite the surpise. I clearly recall I went back to my room after last night, so how?

'We have company...'

I quickly got up and left the room. If they made me wake in a hurry, then that means whoever is here is important. Running up the stairs, I noticed everyone was still asleep, so that means I have time to prepare for this guest.

'We must leave you for a while. They might sense us if we are with you...'

"Could they be the danger you been warning me about?"

I entered my room and quickly took out my uniform though it was much cleaner and the skirt didn't have any tears or the stockings it means someone replace them. I'm sure the princess might have done it, but I think she said these were the only ones.

"Ugh, nope, I need to get ready."

I took a really fast shower, skipping the one step of drying my hair. I used a brush to smooth it out and did a quick braid. The feeling of wet hair was really tiring. I did a few touch-ups to my face, and I noticed a few underlines on the bottom of my eyes.

'Odd'

I was done putting on flat heel shoes. I left and headed downstairs going to the kitchen. I prepared coffee and boiled some water for tea. I looked for some leftover snacks, to which I found cookies and some croissants. I drizzled some white chocolate on the bread.

'Li, you are on your own. The rest should be up soon...'

Quickly, I set everything in the spare room of the new lobby. I made sure to put a cloth over the table and quickly and made sure everything was ready.

"Mhh...kid? The fuck are you doing so early in the morning."

I turned around and clicked my fingers together a wet towel appeared and with a quick swipe motion I was able to make sure husks face was now clean not to mention he didn't look as if he just woken up from a nearby dump.

"AY THE F-?"

"Sorry husk, but I have a feeling we might have visitors, so please make sure to clean up your area. I'll get everyone, so please don't ask questions."

I used my wings to fly quickly and knocked on everyone's door, making sure it was loud enough for them to hear.

"Charlie? Vaggie, please get up and get ready!"

"Angel, you too, and please wear something for a meeting."

I knocked on the last door, to which I knew it was Alastor's room. I could see the fog from the swamp sweeping from under the door it was only for a moment before he opened the door, and I took a step back. I noticed he was looking rather disheveled like he just woken up from a rather hard party.

"Your timing couldn't be more than enough to be joyful dear."

He groaned, I felt bad for waking him up, but I had no time to be joking around, taking a small towel, still warm from a little bucket I carried around. I gave it to him.

"Sorry, but please be presentable. we have some unexpected visitors, and I believe everyone is ready downstairs."

His smile looked strained and tired, but he tried to look like himself. He rubbed his eyes before closing the door behind him. I took that as my cue to quickly head downstairs.

When I got there, everyone had a few bags under their eyes, minus husk, who looked a bit more energetic, looked at me, excepting me to have answers on why I woke them up this early.

"Look, I know you all have questions, but bare it a bit longer. I do believe you, Charlie, have a phone call coming in now."

On cue, Charlie took out her phone, and it was her dad. She stepped out a bit, answering the call, and it was seconds later she came back in the lobby eyes wide.