13

We all had dinner without Li. A part of me wanted to insist on her to eat something but another part couldn't help but let her have space she looked different from before sure a few changes of appearance wasn't something new (well in standard terms for most sinners) but it was like each passing week or so there was something more different I can't explain it in words but it was something that made me want to hold her close it wasn't like I was infatuated with her just like an overprotective feeling.

"Hun, you should probably go meet with her now. You aren't going to eat from where I stand."

I blinked before looking down. I hadn't realized that I had finished my dinner and was just staring at an empty plate. I sighed and agreed with vaggie, but before I left, I signaled to Alastor to come with me I'm not going to have a one sided conversation on what he said or she type of argument given he was the facility manager I had to hold up my part of the agreement.

'I should've never opened the door...'

We walked out of the kitchen and headed straight to my office, opening the door. I saw li playing with a small creature it was sir pentious's egg minion her smile was small, but her eyes were telling another thing she wasn't herself.

"Li mind telling us what happened?"

Li looked over our way she saw that alastor was with me and just sighed it seemed like she didn't want him here, but regardless of what she wanted, I needed answers sure I would've just asked him to wait outside but not now.

"Sure, but I best believe to have a punishment ready for what I done. I don't believe I'll be able to represent the hotel in the right light."

I walked over to my chair and sat down. Alastor still standing had decided to sit in one of the chairs next to her but adamantly a bit far away.

"I was hanging up posters like we planned. I was with Alastor for a while before I strayed away from his side. I was stupid to do that because I got lost, and then I called you."

Li hugged the egg minion a bit tight. You could see that they looked a bit taken back from it, but they made sure to pat her arms to let her know she was fine. Li breathed out before continuing.

"Before I could cut the phone call with you, I was ambushed from behind and was dragged into the alleyway I had no idea what they wanted and the next thing I know they said something that I  was being sold to someone I tried to fight back but they caught me."

She moved a bit of her hair away from her neck. I could see the bruise that formed there, and I could faintly see a handprint on her face before bringing her hands down back to hug the egg.

"They... they wanted to do something worse to me, and I guess I must have panicked a bit, and I had started to fight back, and then I did something horrible..." she was shaking where she was sitting from tears were about to fall, but she stopped herself from letting it happen.

"I started to torture him in the street. There were a few bystanders too. I'm not sure if they recorded the incident to get a better idea, but I was so angry that I started to break their fingers, and seconds later, I killed him."

I wasn't going to say I didn't expect this to hear coming from her, but I think I want to hear the truth she was an honest person granted not everyone is a pure being if they were they won't have been in hell in the first place.

"But if I may, how did you do it?" She sat there for a while she looked to the side, not wanting to say anything else.

"Li, do you remember I need to know before helping you? In truth, it seem you were defending yourself sure a bit far, but still, they attacked you first." I tried to help her understand that it wasn't her fault to lose control, but she shook her head it seemed that in her mind she made herself to be a bad guy.