Chapter Four

"This is taking forever and I gotta pee." I said, after twenty minutes of wandering the hallway with our luggage. Craig and I just could not find the exit anywhere and I was beginning to give up.

"Well, let's find the bathroom and then keep searching." Craig said. I rolled my eyes as Craig and I walked over to the map. We had found the exit on one earlier, but couldn't find it without the map. I scanned the map and found the exit again and I found bathrooms even closer.

"Okay so if we go straight down here," I said pointing on the map. "We'll get to the bathrooms I think. And then the exit is just down the hall..." Craig nodded. I was so lost and confused with my own directions. "Let's just get to the bathroom." I mumbled.

Craig pushed me out of the way and ran towards the bathroom. Oh my god what a douche bag!

I raced after him, careful not to drop my luggage or bump anyone. I stopped eventually and caught my breath as Craig stood in front of the drinking fountain.

"Ha! I beat you!" He said, chuckling. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah? Well you cheated." I said. Craig stuck his tongue out at me and went into the bathroom.

"Watch my shit." He said. I sighed and sat down on a bench. Dickhead. I thought. Someone sat down next to me as an elderly woman walked into the woman's bathroom. I looked over at the person. I leaned backwards in surprise.

"Ed?" I said. He glanced over at me and his face turned all red.

"Oh, I beg your pardon, Miss Reggie." He said, looking embarrassed. "I didn't realize that was you. Is this seat taken?" I shook my head.

"Uh... You can sit there, but..." I scooted away from him. "This is a little weird. I didn't expect to see you again..." Ed looked away.

"I'm sorry... My grandma had to use the loo..." He said. Just then, Craig came out of the bathroom. He stared at me and Ed.

"Um..." He said. He walked over and whispered in my ear. "Reggie, is this guy creeping on you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Its just a coincidence. Watch my stuff please." I said quietly. Then I got up and Craig sat where I had been sitting. "I'll be right back." I said to Ed. He nodded and looked at Craig.

"I'm Ed. Reggie and I were just talking." He explained. Craig gave him a dirty look.

"I'm Craig." He said, roughly. I made a weird face, half smile, half grimace, and turned to walk into the bathroom. When I did, the elderly woman walked out and bumped into me.

"Oh, my apologies deary." She said with a smile. Then she walked past me. "Ed, dear, come on. You're going to be late." She said. I looked back and saw Ed stand up. He waved to me and walked away with the old woman.

I continued into the bathroom and entered a stall. That was a little weird. I mean, Ed is really cute and all, but... Is he stalking me? I shook my head. It may be weird, but he's too polite to be a stalker.

I left the stall and washed my hands. Then I exited the bathroom. Craig was still sitting on the bench. He glared at me when I approached. "What?" I said, a little confused.

"Nothing." Craig snapped. "Just don't want you getting involved with... Anyone..." I smirked.

"Dad said we can do whatever we want. Just don't get pregnant. Or get anyone pregnant." I said. "Besides, Ed is a complete stranger and I won't see him again." Craig snorted.

"True. Whatever. Let's just go find Sage." He looked down at his watch. "Its a little after five so she should be here. Hopefully." I sighed. I was getting hungry again, but neither Craig nor I had any money, er... Pounds.

"Yeah well the exit is just down there." I said, motioning down the hallway. "So let's go and find Sage." Craig nodded and rolled his luggage behind him as we walked. We were silent at first, but then Craig spoke up.

"Do you think we're gonna have fun here?" He asked. "I mean, are we gonna enjoy being in another country?" I shrugged.

"Dad said we would. Besides, we haven't seen Sage for years! I'm sure she is just as fun as she used to be." I said. I paused. Craig sighed. "Dad also said we would make new friends and meet a lot of people." Craig glanced at me.

"I already had friends. Damien, Chris, Maggie, Alissa, James, Kyle, Phil. The list goes on!" Craig exclaimed, extending his left arm outwards. I winced.

"Well, I didn't have any..." I mumbled. Craig looked over at me. He frowned.

"Right. And the ones you did have..." He said.

"Danny, Julie, and Vav." I reminded him.

"Yeah. They left you." Craig grumbled. I walked and remembered my childhood friends. Danny was my best friend. Julie was a girl from girl scouts that I occasionally had hung out with. Her and I drifted apart when she joined the drama club in high school. And Vav? She was a colored girl who was bullied a lot throughout the years. I was still her friend in high school. At least, until she killed herself in freshman year.

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. Craig leaned over and wrapped his arm around me. "Sorry sis..." He said. "I didn't mean to bring back memories..." I stopped walking and took a deep breath. Then I looked at Craig.

"What happened, happened. And I can't change that." I said, strongly. I took another breath and continued. "Dad said we would make new friends. This trip gives me a chance to start over. And Dad said if I wanted to stay, I could." Craig blinked and nodded.

"I know, sis." He said. He looked back to the exit, which was nearly ten feet away. "Sage is probably out there, waiting. We'd better go." He said. I looked at the floor and sighed.

"Yeah. Let's just go."

Hey guys! That was chapter four! Kinda depressing at the end, but don't worry! It'll get happier! :D Vote, comment, and follow if you want!
-Liz