Chapter Thirty

"Aww! He is so cute!" Ed exclaimed, cradling Bug in his arms. "Who's a cutie? You are!" He snuggled close the the little kitten's face.

"I think he likes you Ed." I said, giggling. Bug pawed at Ed's face playfully. He was purring loudly.

"Blimey! I think so too." Ed replied, kissing Bug's nose. "I just want to eat you up!" I pretended to be scared for my kitten's life and took him from Ed.

"You will not eat my baby!" I shouted. Ed pouted.

"But Reggie..." Ed whined.

"Kitties are not for eating." I replied sternly. Ed snickered

"I know. Just pulling your leg." He said, sticking his out at me. I gently punched his shoulder.

"So where's my gift?" I asked. Ed smirked.

"You gotta come over to Michael's flat to see it." He said slyly. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. Fine." I said, getting off my bed and setting Bug on the floor. "Let's go."

"Now?"

"Yes now. I want my gift."

"But its after midnight."

"But I want my gift!" I started pouting. Bug was running around my feet and meowing. "Buggy wuggy. Stop it." I said to the kitten.

"Mew!" Bug replied, bouncing underneath my bed. I looked back at Ed.

"Please???" I begged. He crossed his arms and stood up.

"Okay. But that means we are staying there for the night." He said. Then he took my hand and we walked out to the living room. As we were putting our jackets on, Sage peered out of her room.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked.

"We are going to Ed's." I said. Sage leaned against the wall, looking confused.

"Where's that?" She asked. I told her Michael's address and she nodded. "Okay well... Stay there then okay?" Before I could reply, she turned and went back in her room.

"You heard her. Let's go." Ed said. We put on our shoes and went downstairs. Then we went out the back door. I locked it and we started walking around the building.

"Its cold." I complained.

"Well, you-" Ed couldn't finish. His feet slipped on ice and he fell, landing on his knees, then burying his face in the snow. "Bloody Hell!" He exclaimed, whipping his head back up. "Where're my glasses?"

I saw Ed's glasses in the snow. I kneeled down and grabbed them, handing them to him. As I did, I saw he had a cut on his eyebrow. "You're bleeding." I said.

"Where?" Ed asked, touching his face. I took his hand and put his middle finger on the cut.

"There." I said. Ed put his glasses on and looked at the blood on his finger.

"Haha. Nice one Ed." He muttered. He stood up and I did too. Then we kept walking. "This is why I hate snow."

~time lapse~

We reached Michael's house a little after 1a.m. My lips and fingers and ears were numb from the cold. I could tell Ed was cold too. He unlocked the front door and we went inside. We took off our coats and sat on the couch.

"Michael is visiting family so he isn't here." Ed said. I nodded slowly.

"Where's my gift?" I asked. Ed gave me a dirty look.

"Is that all you care about?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I also care about Bug." I said, sarcastically. Ed rolled his eyes.

"Wait here." He said, leaving the room. When he returned, he had his guitar. Is he giving me his guitar...? As if he read my mind, he said "No, my guitar is not your gift."

"Then what is it?" I asked, curiously. Ed smirked and sat down next to me.

"You'll see." He said. He rested his guitar in his lap and played a few notes. "Okay. Now listen." He said. I nodded and Ed started playing chords, slowly. Then he started to sing.

"I should ink my skin with your name. Take my passport out again and just replace it." He looked at me, smiling. "I should run you a hot bath and fill up with bubbles, but maybe I should just face it. Baby you're loveable. And baby you're wonderful. And you will never know just how beautiful you are to me... Maybe I'm just in love when the nightmare is gone..." Ed sat there smiling at me, looking very pleased with himself.

"What song is that?" I asked. Ed shrugged.

"I wrote it. For you Reggie." He replied. I gasped.

"Please tell me you're pulling my leg..." I said. Ed shook his head.

"I'm calling it Nightmare I think." He said. "But its not quite done yet."

"Play it again when you've added more to it." I said. Ed nodded.

"Okay. Deal."

~time lapse~

Obnoxious ringing woke me up from my pleasant slumber. I groaned and rolled over. Ed was laying face down in his pillow. The ringing continued. It was Ed's phone.

"Ed." I said, sitting up. I grabbed his shoulder and shook him. "Babe. Phone." He turned his face towards me but his eyes were still closed.

"I'm asleep." He mumbled. I stared at him. Then I poked him. As I did, the ringing stopped. I sighed and grabbed my own phone to check the time. 9:47a.m. Nice.

"We should probably get up. I've gotta get back to the pub. I work today plus I've got online schooling to do too." I said. Ed mumbled a reply, but didn't move. I got up out of bed and threw my pants on. Then I left the room and went into the bathroom.

I was wearing a blue T-shirt and gray sweatpants. And my hair was a wreck. Sadly, I didn't bring a brush with me so I was screwed. Maybe Michael has a brush in here...

I opened up the cupboards but barely found anything. Typical. Men don't fill their bathrooms up with usable stuff. I sighed and turned to leave the bathroom. As I entered the hallway, I ran into a half asleep Ed.

"Sorry love. I thought you left." He said sleepily. I hugged him.

"Well I have to leave. Walk me home?" I asked. Ed nodded.

"Get me in the snow and I'll be wide awake."

Hey guys! That was chapter thirty! Did you catch what song that was? It was "Wake Me Up" by Ed Sheeran of course. Except I edited it so its not exactly the words. You'll see later in the story why it is the way it is. AND WOO 300 READS!!! Anyways, vote and comment and follow cuz it would be great if you did!
-Liz