Chapter Twenty-Five

I opened my eyes and stared at the white ceiling. That's not my ceiling. I turned my head towards the window. That's not my window either. I started to sit up, only to realize Ed was laying next to me. I smiled and sat up completely. Then I realized I wasn't wearing any clothes.

"Oh!" I said, pulling the blanket up and around my chest. I looked around the room. My clothes were no where in sight. I glanced at Ed again, who was still sound asleep. Why am I not wearing clothes and why is he in the bed?

"Reggie?" Ed mumbled. His eyes were still closed. I sat there, waiting for him to speak. All he did was sigh heavily. He is still sleeping.

I slid myself away from him and plopped onto the floor with a thud. My clothes were slightly hidden under the bed, so I grabbed them and put them on. Then I stood up and looked at Ed. He had rolled over and was facing away from me now.

I stared at him and asked myself the questions again. Why wasn't I wearing clothes? And why was Ed in the same bed as me? I walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind me slowly.

That's when it hit me. Wait... Did we have sex? I opened the door again and looked at Ed. He clearly wasn't wearing clothes underneath the blanket. I closed the door and leaned against the wall as the memories of last night flooded back to me. Oh my gosh...

"Ah, you're awake." It was Grandma. She was standing at the end of the hallway. I nodded.

"Yeah. What time is it?" I asked. Grandma looked down at her watch.

"Almost lunch time, love." She said. "Go and wake Teddy Two-Meals." She then turned and walked away. I sighed and opened the door to the bedroom again.

I tiptoed over to the side of the bed and leaned down towards Ed's face. "Psst." I said. "Ed." I poked his face. "Ed!" I said, a little louder.

"Reggie...?" He mumbled. His eyes blinked open. "Fuck..." He said, rolling onto his back. "What time is it?"

"Grandma said its near lunch time." I replied. Ed closed his eyes again.

"God, I just want to sleep..." Ed murmured. I chuckled a little.

"I know, but you gotta get up." I said. As I stood up straight, Ed groaned and sat up. He started to move the blanket, but then froze. He lifted it up and looked at his lower body, then he dropped it again.

"I'm nude." He said, looking at me. I tried to smile and wink at him.

"About that... Did we have sex last night?" I asked, almost hesitantly. Ed widened his eyes.

"Um... Yes, I think so..." He said. When I didn't say anything, he touched my arm. "We used protection, I promise." He said. I nodded.

"I'm just going to go to the kitchen." I said, backing away to the door.

"Alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine." I said. I opened the door and slammed it when I left. Oops. I felt guilty for leaving, but part of me felt very uncomfortable with the fact that Ed and I had sex. I mean, I was 17 and he was 19. Not a big age difference, I know, but I was still feeling weird about it.

When I entered the kitchen, I sat down at Grandma's table. My drawing pad and pencils were sitting there. I better finish Ed's gift. For Christmas, I was drawing a picture for Ed. It was a picture of him and I at a pub after one of his gigs. On top of that, I bought him his own copy of Shrek, though I bought it online.

I picked up a pencil and opened the drawing pad to the drawing. I had less than 24 hours to finish this and it was nearly done. All I had left to do was, of course, some shading and to sign my name so he would never forget it. He will never ever forget it! I told myself.

"What's that?" Grandma's voice came from behind me. She was looking over my shoulder. I flinched and quickly covered it.

"Its a drawing." I said.

"You're an artist?"

"Yeah."

"My son just adores art! He is an-"

"I know." I looked back at Grandma. "I don't like having anyone watch over my shoulder. So if you don't mind..." I stared at her. She stared back. We were both silent. Then Grandma blinked.

"Well, alright. If you insist." She said, turning and walking away. I was about to go back to drawing when Ed walked into the kitchen.

"Hello." He said. "What are you drawing now?" As he walked over to the table, I quickly flipped to a new page so he wouldn't see his gift. It must be a surprise!

"Nothing, yet." I lied. "I actually can't think of anything." Ed sat down next to me.

"Well, how about Shrek and Fiona?" He asked. "I mean, you love them so much so why not?" I rolled my eyes and flipped through my drawing pad to an already drawn picture of Shrek and Fiona. Shrek as an ogre and Fiona as a human. They were getting married in front of an alter.

"Did that already." I said. Ed crossed his arms.

"Okay. But why is Fiona a human?" He asked. "They're both ogres in the movie." I looked away.

"Because I'm the ogre and I'd marry a human." I said. Ed looked confused. "I told you this before." I sighed. "I'm ugly and you're beautiful." Ed stared at me, not looking convinced.

"And I told you this before, too. You're beautiful and I'm the ugly one." Ed said, patting his chubby belly.

"What? No. I'm-"

"Hush."

"But Ed-"

"I said hush."

I turned back to a new page in my drawing pad. Then I picked up my pencil and started drawing. Ed sat and watched. At first, I didn't like that he was watching, but then I got used to it.

"Ed?" I said.

"Yeah?" He replied. As I opened my mouth to speak, the front door whipped open.

"Mother, I'm here." A voice called out. "You want me to go pick up some-" A man, about the same age as Sage, walked into the kitchen. He looked at Ed with surprise. "Ed?" He said. Ed stood up, thrusting the chair backwards.

"Dad."

Hey guys! That was chapter twenty-five! I honestly had no real plans for this chapter so I just improvised everything xD AND WE ARE ALMOST AT 250 READS YAY!!! Anyways, vote, comment, and follow if you want!
-Liz