chapter 5

Keegan's pov

I walked back into the pack house at 6am, I had spent the night at the falls on the edge of the territory. I knew it only hurt me more every time I went back but I missed my mother and little brother. My father called me weak because I was still upset over their loss but he had just closed himself off hiding all emotions. I went to the falls every few months just to honor them, I had planted wildflowers there my mother's favorite but they had yet to bloom until sitting there last night. I had caught a mesmerizing scent of lavender and sea spray and looked around as Skol went crazy in my head but as quickly as it came to me it was gone and we couldn't find it again.

After getting ready for the day I sat at my desk pouring over paperwork a pack had sent in asking for help with a rogue problem just over their borders. As alpha king and leader of the strongest pack in the nation we are often asked for help however I was known as harsh and cold. I hated going to other packs as women flung theirselves at me trying to sway me to take them as a chosen mate. I had no interest in anyone but my true goddess given mate but I was close to giving up hope on finding her, I was 24 it hade been 6 years since I shifted and was able to find my mate. I had searched near and far for her needing my mate to be even stronger as King and Alpha but also to calm the storms that raged within me.

I mind linked my Beta Jeremy to come to my office to discuss going to help the Emerald Moon pack.

As I waited for him to make his way to my office I could feel my wolf Skol pacing in my head "what is it Skol" I asked.

"We have to go to that pack" he answered matter of factly

"I planned on it but it isn't a priority they can hand themselves a little while longer we can wait to go"

"No" my wolf growled back "we go now."

"Why Skol?" I asked as my wolf normally hated leaving our territory since she wolves threw themselves at us.

"It's just a feeling" he huffed "mate is in trouble"

"Skol we don't even know mate and who says she is there? We visited that pack just a few months ago and she wasn't"

"we go" he yelled in my mind "mate isn't there but will be"

"fine buddy we will go" I gave up arguing with him.

As I finished my conversation with Skol as Jeremy walked in my office flopping down on the couch across from my desk.

So Keegan how long are we going to make them wait?" He asked as I handed him the paperwork for the request.

"We aren't" I responded with a chuckle.

"Hmm well that is a first. I thought your opinion was they could wait because they should have trained harder" he laughed.

"Normally but Skol said he had a feeling about it. Alot of the packs near them have been having issues seems like the rogues are banding together"

"Well I am not going to argue with Skol he has never steared us wrong before"

"Agreed, so I thought we could leave Cade here to run the pack and take Cillian and let him pick a handful of warriors to come as well"

"Sounds good Keegan I will get with Cillian and arrange the cars. How many warrior and when do you want to leave?"

"10 warriors and noon Skol says it is important"

Jeremy left my office and I headed up to my room to pack a bag. As I packed, I mind linked with my Gamma Cade and let him know what was going on and that he would be in charge for a few days.

That afternoon we loaded into the SUVs and headed out on the 6 hour drive to Emerald Moon Pack. Skol was on edge the whole drive pacing in my mind and whining begging to be let out. I kept arguing with him that it was too far to run and that there was no reason not to ride in the car but he was restless.