9) The American Past Time

☆ I fell in love with you ☆
☆ not for how you look, ☆
☆ but who you are ☆
☆ (though you look pretty good too) ☆

☆ I fell in love with you ☆☆ not for how you look, ☆☆ but who you are ☆☆ (though you look pretty good too) ☆

✿✧ Chapter Nine ✧✿

Edward showed up at the house yesterday. He had said he wanted to invite me and my sister to play baseball with his family. I was hesitant, but he eventually got me to agree.

Charlie took some convincing. Me and Bella teamed up to make him break. He finally agreed to let us go. He did make us carry bear mace, though.

I knew it would probably be awkward after the whole mind reading and vampire thing. Even with the possible tension, I still wanted to go. I still wanted to keep our friendships.

I pulled Bella into my room for a chat that morning. She was pretty quite at first, but when I brought up a certain subject, she started talking.

"So, do you know what they are?"

"Ya. Edward made it kinda of obvious."

I looked over to her with a questioning look. She looked really awkward when talking about him.

"Edward? Are you two... A thing?"

"What? No, we're just friends." She mumbled.

"But you want to be more?" I teased.

"I- I mean, kind of."

"Oooo. I personaly don't like him, but as long as he treats you right, I'll support it."

As the chat continued, my teasing continued. Bella was a flustered mess every time I spoke of Edward. I could tell it was her first actual crush based off the way she was acting. I couldn't help but find it adorable.

"Edwards here." Bella said, looking through my window.

Me and Bella mad our way downstairs and piled into Edward Volvo. I sat in the back so she could have more time with her "soon to be boyfriend."

When we got to the field Edward pulled Bella away to talk an I went to find alice or Rosalie. I didn't have to search for long, though. After walking about two yards from his car, alice ran over to me.

"Onyx!" she squealed.

Alice ran to hug me and we toppled to the ground. That was definitely gonna leave a bruise. Alice pulled herself up and helped me up, apologizing the whole time.

"i'm so sorry Onyx. I didn't mean to use that much force."

"It's alright Alice."

I pulled her into a light hug and pulled away after a couple second. Alice grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the field. Esme joined us near the home plate.

"Onyx, how's it been?" Esme asked.

"I mean, my self preservation could use some work, but otherwise I'm doing pretty good."