11) Dinner with old friends

☆ There is something moon-soaked ☆
☆ and dawn-flavoured about her. ☆
☆ Something kissed by the wild and loved ☆
☆ by lightning. ☆

✿✧ Chapter Eleven ✧✿

Bella had been outbof the hospital for a day now. Charlie had her stay in bed for most of the day so she wouldn't hurt herself again. My dad had also called up some of Jacob's family to tell them the news.

"Hey, how would you feel about Nari and Jacob coming over for dinner?" my dad asked. "Billy wanted to come watch the game and thought it would be good for you three to see each other."

"Ya, I'd love the see them. I haven't even gotten a chance to visit Nari."

My dad put the phone back to his ear and told Billy to bring them. They had a short conversation before Charlie put the phone back.

"Do you need to do anything before they get here?" He asked as he sat down on the couch.

"I guess I could go clean up"

-

I heard a car pull up in the drive way. I perked up at the sound, rushing down the stairs. Charlie was opening the door when I got there.

"Billy!" my dad greeted.

He pushed the door open and gave him space to come in. Behind him, Jacob and his cousin stood. Well, they're kind of siblings. Billy had adopted her when her parents, Billy's brother and his wife, died in a car crash.

"Onyx!" the bothe greeted with wide smiles.

I was pulled into a tight hug by the two. They were both a little taller than me. I used to be the same hight as them but it seems like they've had a growth spurt.

"Since when are you two buff?" I asked pulling away.

"Ah, it's nothing." Jacob remarked.

"I've been working out with some of the guys on the Res. Gotta be strong if I wanna beat the boys in a fight." Nari joked.

Nari looked similar to the year before, but also different. Her hair had grown out to her shoulders, curly as ever. I was glad it was long, that means nobody had died recently. She really had put on a lot of muscle though. (I'm going with the cultural route here, at least until she turns)

"How come you haven't visited?" Nari asked.

"I went to La Push a while back. I thought you'd be there with Jake."

"I was with Leah that day. She was having a rough day."

"Oh, sorry."

"Okay, time for dinner" Charlie announced.

I had barely paid attention to him and Billy since I saw Jacob and Nari. Him and Billy looked to be eavesdropping on our conversation. I rolled my eyes at them and followed my dad into the kitchen.

"You two are as close as ever." My dad spoke.

"Me and Nari?" he hummed. "We were pretty close before I went back to Phoenix."

"Were you two... Are you-"

"Dating?" I asked, finishing the question.

"Ya. It's just that... sometimes it seems like she's into you."

"We haven't and we aren't. Plus I never came out to you. How do you even know that?"

"I'm your dad Onyx, I just know things."

I rolled my eyes and helped him serve dinner. I swear, if Bella told him, I'm gonna kick her ass. Once she's healed enough, anyway.

Throughout dinner, our dad's made a lot of small talk. Billy asked me about school which I responded with simple things, like "it's good" and "I've got straight As."

Once we'd finished dinner Billy and Charlie went to watch the game. Charlie told us we could go to my room as long as we kept the door open. Jacob snickered at the comment while Nari smirked.

"Ya, I'll leave it open."

We all went up to my room, Jacob plopped down on the bed, starfishing so we couldn't join him. Nari sat in my desk chair, in a very bisexual way if I say so myself.

"Jake" I warned.

"Hm?" he asked while letting out a small chuckle.

"Stop taking up the whole bed before I beat your ass."

"Like you could," he challenged.

I smirked and was ready to prove my strength when Nari put a hand on my shoulder. I looked over to her, a little annoyed that she was stopping me.

"I've got this. I've beaten his ass many times."

Jacob surrendered after Nari had grabbed him by the ankle, pulling him straight into the floor. I laughed at him for a while after that.

"So, read any interesting books?" Nari asked when we had called down.

"I read the book on Quileute legends."

"What?" Jacob asked. "You actually bought a book about it?"

"Ya. I love things like that. Read the whole thing actually."

"There's the need I remember." Nari joked.

"Last time I saw you you we're an inch shorter than me and obsessing over some guy."

"Ouch. Seems like you've gotten meaner too." She laughed.

We joked for a while before Billy called for them. It had been two hours since they'd gotten there and Billy didn't want to be out too late.

I hugged them both goodbye and told them I'd see them later. Maybe I'd go visit them on the res.

A/n- I can't believe I forgot about Nari. I added her to my OC list on intro and never added her. This was mostly to make up for that.

Word count- 909