15) Birthday Party

☆ Rage ☆
☆ Maybe rage would lift me up, ☆
☆ Make me stand, ☆
☆ Make me walk... ☆

✿✧ Chapter Fifteen ✧✿

I'm doing flashbacks in this chapter so anything in italics is a flashback.

A lot changed that summer. After my birthday, which went smoothly, I told my dad that me and Rosalie we're dating. I left out that me and Alice we're too since I didn't know if he'd be accepting of polyamory. He was accepting of me and Rose, though.

Bella came to me about her new relationship with Edward. I wasn't thrilled to be honest, but I accepted it. I knew starting an argument about it wouldn't be worth it.

I had finally decided what I wanted to go to college for. After encouragement from the Cullen's I decided to pursue writing. I applied to an online college so I could stay home and help Charlie around the house. It was also to avoid having to pay rent on a shitty apartment.

It was September now. I'd been taking college classes since August. Bella's birthday was tomorrow. Alice made plans to throw Bella a birthday party like she had for me. She went as far as sneaking Jasper into the school to use his powers on her. Given the emotional control, she said yes.

Bella invited me along, just as I had invited her to my birthday. It was a small gathering with just the Cullen's and us. We went to their house on a Saturday for the party. The decorations we're the main difference between our parties.

Bella was led inside by Edward when we got there. I went in seperately, searching for Alice and Rosalie. I found them in the living room with the others.

Rosalie was on the stairs, talking to Emmett, and Alice was with Esme. They both turned to me when I entered the room. Alice walked over and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, Onyx"

We pulled away from each other as Rose approached us. Rose gave me a quick hug as well.

"When's the party starting?" I asked.

"As soon as Edward brings Bella here" Rosalie answered.

I nodded and looked back to the family. Esme and Carlisle were smiling at us. I could see Emmett trying to joke with Jasper but he didn't look impressed. Caspen was sitting on the stair railing and drawing in a sketchbook.

"I can't believe they're all so calm." I said.

"Edward told them not to keep it calm. He doesn't want their mayhem to ruin Bella's birthday." Alice said with a hint of annoyance.

-

The room was bustling with activity. Emmett and Caspen we're joking around, almost rough housing. Jasper was talking to Esme about something while Carlisle organized the presents on the table.