☆ | 03

✰

The blaring sun shone down on the two girls sat on the bleachers. Ellie sat in comfortable silence as she continued to write in the journal that her therapist prescribed to her, while Kyujin stared at the football practice game in front of them - her lip caught between her teeth.

"What are you doing?" She questioned, motioning towards the journal on Ellie's lap. The red haired girl couldn't help but softly smile at her friends interest in her. But once Ellie opened her mouth to speak, she had already been cut off. "Me and Sunoo stayed up all night talking."

Ellie let out a blunt scoff, of course she wasn't interested. She never was. She was just waiting for Ellie to listen to her news, per usual. "Oh, Sunoo and Jungwon!" Kyujin excitedly pointed out and waved over the two males walking side by side.

Sunoo sat down beside Kyujin, a smile plastered over his face as he swung his arm over the girls shoulder, nuzzling closer to her as she blushed profusely. Jungwon on the other hand, sat down beside Ellie - the two exchanging awkward glances.

"What are you writing?" He wondered, breaking the silence. Ellie hesitantly thought about her answer, afraid he'd cut her off like Kyujin had.

"It's just my journal." She explains making his eyes light up as he slightly turns his body to face hers. Ellie looked up at him, no one had ever looked this interested in what she was doing or what she had to say. "Do you have one?" She shyly asked.

Jungwon slowly nodded with a small smile, "but I only use it to write poems or short novellas." He shrugged and scratched his nape. "It's cringey but it's something my mum enjoys reading, so I like to make my own ones for her to read."

A smile unknowing smile broke out onto Ellie's face. "That's cute." She muttered in awe. "I love reading poems, I think the ones about love are always so well written." She stated causing Jungwon to nod in agreement.

"I know, they're my favourite too." He grinned and stared into her eyes - her instantly looking away once their eyes meet. "What type of things do you write inside your journal?" He questioned.

Ellie shrugged and looked up at the blue sky, "just things about my life and how my day goes." She spoke making him nod. "Nothing interesting."

Jungwon chuckled and looked off into the distance, "everybody's life is interesting, it's just about who is interested." He reassured making Ellie softly smile and nod her head.

"I guess so.."

Ellie let out a yawn and skimmed through the pages of the book she held. Her back stayed pressed against the corner of the bookshelf as she hid in the library - just wanting some space from Kyujin.

"What are you reading?" An abrupt voice spoke from beside her, making her jump and close the book in panic - showing the front cover. "'I hope this finds you'." He read out with a smirking smile as he raised his brow. "Just a heads up, this book is super cheesy and even I can write better poems than what's inside".

Ellie sarcastically chuckled before putting the book back in its place on the shelf. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked up at the taller male. "Then write a poem for our English exam. We have to present something in front of the whole class for a percentage, so if you're 'so good' at writing poems, write one." She proposed, sheepishly.

Jungwon rolled his eyes with a smile and threw his head back with a soft chuckle. "You want me to write a poem for the English exam that is tomorrow?" He questioned and Ellie nodded proudly.

"Fine, but be prepared to cry." He teased, only for Ellie to snigger and shake her head. "It's true. I've made many people cry while reading my poems." He stated in defence.

"I thought you only wrote poems for your mum.." she pointed out with a smirk causing Jungwon's head to tilt as he bit down on his bottom lip.

"My grandma is a bonus." He stated making Ellie giggle and look away from the boy, who was smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Ellie sat with her heart thumping out of her chest and a red tinge spread across her cheeks. She had just finished her English speech and was allowing her nerves die down, she hated having to stand up in front of everyone and speak but she needed to for a high mark.

"Next up, Yang Jungwon." Their teacher announced as she looked through the list of names. A smile escalating on her face as the boy happily obeyed and stood up at the front.

Jungwon cleared his throat and held a piece of paper out in front of him. "I've decided to write a poem called 'You Are My Star'." He smiled and everyone sat forward with interest. "Your sparkling eyes.. your dazzling smiles driving me crazy every day.. I promise myself to never fall but my heart never listens anyway.. you are my star whom I adore from afar. The moment you're in my sight you bring me to eternal light, no matter what's my future, the smile you gave is never going to tarnish.. the picture of you in my memories is never going to vanish..'."

The whole class erupted in loud cheers and claps. "Well done!" A few of the male students yelled and stuck their thumbs up at the now beaming male. Ellie had to admit that it was good and that he was a good poem writer, his eyes met her and in an instant his smile widened at her proud look.

"That was very good, Jungwon." The teacher stated and encouraged the male to take his seat - to which he did without complaint.

Ellie looked back at him and silently clapped for a little longer, showing her appreciation to him following through with her request. Jungwon shyly smiled and looked away from the girls pretty light brown eyes. Suddenly taking an interest in the lesson that he payed no attention up until it was Ellie's turn to present, then his own.

When he glanced back over at her, a smile escalating on his face as he watched her look out the window, a satisfied look growing on her features.

He was happy to make her happy, he was glad to be the reason for her smile, a smile that not many people got to see but were blessed if they did, a smile that he created.