New edition

This isn't a karew oneshot, but it is a chapter from one of my friend's old stories, and she let me share it with y'all 💖.

It also lowkey has a hint of love & basketball

Karen sits back, pissed off. This is the second time they had to move, and she's not happy about it. "Karen, stop poutin," Dorinda says, trying to console her. But Karen just mumbles, looking out the window with frustration. "Karen, it's for the better," their mother, Mattie, says, trying to reassure her. "Yeah, but we were fine in Detroit, then we moved to Brooklyn, and now Boston," Karen laments, feeling the weight of constant change.

Just as they pulled up to the new house, Dorinda tries to boost Karen's spirits. "Karen, you'll be fine," she says, offering a glimmer of hope. Karen rolls her eyes, still not convinced, but she grabs her basketball before reluctantly stepping out of the car.

The neighborhood in Roxbury feels unfamiliar and intimidating to Karen. She takes a deep breath, trying to gather her courage. With her basketball in hand, she takes her first steps towards this new chapter in her life, hoping that maybe, just maybe, this move will indeed be for the better.

With her basketball in hand, she takes her first steps towards this new chapter in her life, hoping that maybe, just maybe, this move will indeed be for the better. Karen looks around and realizes that she is now in the projects, a place she isn't really familiar with. However, she doesn't let that bother her; she didn't care she had hands and she wasn't afraid to use them.

Adjusting her hat, Karen bounces her basketball and takes a shot at the hoop, just for the hell of it. Unfortunately, the ball rolls away from her reach, causing her to mutter a frustrated curse under her breath.

As she rushes over to retrieve her ball, a boy picks it up and hands it back to her. "Here you go," he says with a friendly smile. Karen takes the ball gratefully, realizing that she is not alone in this unfamiliar place. "Thanks," she replies, genuinely appreciative of the small act of kindness. She resumes playing by herself, dribbling and shooting hoops, until she notices the same boy and his friends walking over towards her.

Curiosity piques in Karen's mind as she wonders what they want. She hesitates for a moment, but then decides to give them a chance.

"Hey, I'm Bobby," the boy says. "Ion remember asking," Karen says smartly, making Bobby's friends laugh. She skillfully made a basket, adding a touch of showmanship to her shot. "Look, we just came over to be nice, especially since you look a little lonely," the other boy said, trying to diffuse the tension. Karen sighed, realizing that her witty remark might have come across as mean-spirited. She passed the ball to Bobby, hoping to make amends.

As they continued playing, the boys introduced themselves. "I'm Karen," Karen says, trying to break the ice and lighten the mood. Bobby's friends smiled, appreciating her gesture. They all played together, their laughter filling the air, as they forgot about their initial differences.

'Soon the boys show Karen around as she tells them a little about herself. "I'm originally from Detroit, but I lived in Brooklyn for 8 years of my life, so that's why I have this thick ass New York accent," Karen says. "Do you have siblings?" Ricky asks. "Yeah, I have 5. I'm the youngest, and most of my siblings are in New York," Karen said. "Oh okay," Ronnie replied, as they walked into a corner store. As they entered, a boy who appeared to be around 16 spoke up, saying, "Look at what we got here, the little group and a new member."

"Nigga, go on somewhere," Bobby retorted, clearly unimpressed. But the boy seemed undeterred as he continued, "Why, mm, damn girl, you lookin' good."

Karen, with her thick New York accent, snapped back, "dawg, you mad ugly! Like, nigga, you look like ya motha's biggest mistake. Just get outta hea'."