𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

yall i do not want to write the last task and all that. so just assume she was in her little cell during it, and lu lu came and got her and brought her home, and filled her in on everything. guys im LAZY but its my story and i can do whatever the fuck i want

So this is three months after the events of the last chapter.

✯¸.'*¨'*✿ ✿*'¨*'.¸✯

"I want to go," Feyre was arguing with Tamlin.

"No," Tamlin replied.

"It's been three months. Nothings happened, and the village isnt even five miles—" Feyre insisted.

"No."

    Lucien silently shook his head at Feyre, his metal eye narrowing. I knew her arguing was no use.

"The village needs all the help it can get," Feyre pressed.

"And we're still hunting down Amarantha's beasts," he said, mounting his horse. "I don't have the sentries to spare to escort you."

"I don't need an escort," Feyre said, lunging for the bridle. Her grip tightened on the leather as she tugged the horse to a stop. "Please. The recovery efforts are so slow. I could hunt for the villagers, get them food--"

"It's not safe," Tamlin said, again nudging his stallion into a walk. "Especially not for you."

"People want to come back, they want a place to live—"

"Those same people see you as a blessing—a marker of stability. If something happened to you--" He cut himself off. "Theres no point in rebuilding anything if Amaranthas creatures tear through the lands and destroy it again."

"The wards are up--"

"Some slipped in before the wards were repaired. Lucien hunted down five naga yesterday."

   I shuddered. Feyre whipped her head toward Lucien, who winced. He hadn't told us that at dinner last night. He'd lied when she'd asked him why he was limping.

"I can't do what I need to if Im worrying about whether youre safe," Tamlin said softly.

"Of course Ill be safe."

"Please—please just do this for me," Tamlin said, stroking his stallions thick neck as the beast nickered with impatience.

    The others had already moved their horses into easy canters, the first of them nearly within the shade of the woods.

"I'm sure there are things to help with around the house. Or you could paint. Try out that new set I gave for you for Winter Solstice. Or, I'm sure Mariangela could use some help in her garden."

    Feyre and I rarely left each other's sides lately. A healer had used words like 'trauma bond' and 'separation anxiety.'

    Neither of us liked being away from the other for too long. Many nights, I woke to find her in my bed. Or I would end up in hers. She still slept in her own room, despite being engaged to Tamlin.

"Fine," Feyre breathed. "Be careful."

"I love you," Tamlin said quietly.

    She nodded, murmuring it back as he trotted to where Lucien still waited, the emissary now frowning slightly.

    Feyre sighed, and I wrapped my arm around her as we walked towards the manor. She grumbled, lifting the skirt of her dress. I knew she hated the bright dresses that Tamlin set out for her. I didn't blame her.

   Tam had been picking my dresses everyday since our mother died. I didn't mind wearing a dress, I just hated how big and poofy the ones he chose for me were. Dresses were supposed to make movement easier, but these were so restricting.