𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔴𝔬

Feyre suggested that we spend the morning training with Rhys before our return to Velaris. We'd been dragged into the snowy woods.

"Freezing my ass off first thing in the morning isn't how I intended to spend our day off," Rhysand frowned. "I should take you two to the Illyrian Steppes when we return--the forest there is far more interesting. And warmer."

"We have no idea where those are," Feyre replied.

"You showed us a blank map that one time, remember?" I remembered as I glanced up at him.

"Precautions," he stated.

"Are we ever going to see a proper one, or will we be left to guess about where everything is?" I demanded, raising a brow at him.

"You girls are in a lovely mood today," Rhys said, and lifted a hand in the air. A folded map appeared. "Lest you think I don't trust you, my darlings . . . " He pointed to just south of the Northern Isles. "These are the Steppes. Four days that way on foot will take you into Illyrian territory."

     I peered over his shoulder to stare at the map, and Feyre mirrored my action.

"Here," Rhys said, pocketing the map and gesturing to the forest around us. "We'll train here. We're far enough now."

     We were at a safe distance from the house, ensuring we remained undetected. Rhys extended his hand, and a candle materialized in his grasp. He gently placed it upon the blanket of snow beneath us.

"Light it, douse it with water, and dry the wick," he instructed Feyre.

"I can't do a single one of those things," Feyre complained. "What about physical shielding?"

"That's for another time. Today, I suggest you start trying some other facet of your power. What about shape-shifting?"

"Fire, water, and air it is," she grumbled, shooting him a look. "Maybe you should go."

"Why? You seemed so insistent that I train you."

"I can't concentrate with you around," she admitted. "And go far. I can feel you from a room away."

     I understood what she meant. Even when they were out of sight, I could still feel their presence.

"Practice all you want in privacy. I'm taking Mary to work on winnowing," he decided. 

"Taking me where?" I demanded, my eyes narrowing as I turned to him.

"Another part of the woods," he said with a shrug.

"I don't need to learn to winnow," I mumbled, shifting uncomfortably as I played with my hands.

"It's a very necessary skill," he objected.

     He jerked his chin at her tattoo. "Give us shout down the bond if you get anything accomplished before breakfast."

"What--literally shout at the tattoo?" Feyre questioned.

"You could try rubbing it on certain body parts and I might come faster."

     I wrinkled my nose at the comment, but he grabbed me and winnowed us away before Feyre could snap at him for it.

     He winnowed us to another part of the woods, far enough that I couldn't even see the estate. I shivered, even in my fur lined coat.

"Are you ready to get started?" he asked me.

"I don't see why I need to learn," I complained, crossing my arms.

"If you had the ability to winnow, it would've been a lot harder for Tamlin to keep you locked up," he pointed out.