𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

✯¸.'*¨'*✿ ✿*'¨*'.¸✯

   After a week, Rhys brought the two of us home, then winnowed away. I was relieved to be home, but that feeling of suffocation that this Manor had always given me was back.

   We found Tamlin in his study, Lucien and two other sentries standing around the map-covered worktable.

    Lucien was the first to turn to where we lurked in the doorway, falling silent mid-sentence. But then Tamlins head snapped up, and he was racing across the room, crushing Feyre into his embrace.

"Are you all right? Are either of you hurt?" he demanded, pulling back and studying both of us.

"We're fine," Feyre said. "No one touched us." 

     Feyre had come back in Night Court clothes, part of her stomach exposed. I had worn the dress I had been taken in.

    But he kept scouring her face. And then he rotated her, examining her back. She tore out of his grip. "I said no one touched me."

"Youre all right," he realized, relief evident in his voice.

    He turned to me, and I grumbled as he grabbed me by the shoulders, studying all my exposed skin to search for injuries.

"I'm fine, Tam," I insisted, not liking to be touched. He knew I didn't like being touched.

"He can harm you in other ways," Tamlin croaked.

"We're fine," I repeated.

     I turned, noticing the study walls and the claw marks raked down them. All over them. And the table they were using was new. It was been replaced.

"You trashed the study," I said, glancing at him with concern.

"I trashed half the house," he said, leaning forward to press his brow to Feyre's. "He took you two away, he stole you--"

"And left us alone," Feyre promised. Tamlin pulled back, growling.

"Probably to get you to drop your guard. You have no idea what games he plays, what hes capable of doing--"

"I know," Feyre said. "And the next time, we'll be careful--"

"There won't be a next time."

"You found a way out?" I asked, perking up.

"I'm not letting you go."

"He said there were consequences for breaking a magical bargain," I recalled, glancing at the floor.

"Damn the consequences."

     Feyre rose onto her toes and kissed him. "Lets go upstairs," she said onto his lips, and he slid his arms around her.

"I missed you," he said between kisses. "I went out of my mind."

    I took that as my cue to leave, heading towards the door, until--

"I need to ask you two some questions."

"Later," Feyre insisted.

"No—now," he said. "While its all fresh in your mind."

"What?" Feyre asked.

     He beckoned me back and called for Lucien. I gripped Feyre's hand in mine, nerves eating at my stomach.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, as Luciens strolling footsteps neared again. "This is for our own good. Our safety."

"I know," Feyre murmured as the two of us sat down. "I know, Tamlin."