𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

Four days later, Feyre and I were back in the training ring with Cassian. Mor and Amren were sunbathing off to the side, neither of them taking much interest in our training.

I tuned out their conversations of Rita's the night before. Feyre and I had been dragged along. I had not enjoyed the crowded bar.

In fact, while Feyre and Azriel had a bet going on who would flirt with Rhys, I had just glared at every female that even approached him. I wasn't even sure why.

I was now coated in sweat, my hair a mess by the time Rhys joined us in the ring. He was in his fine clothes, looking perfect in contrast to my state.

"Sorry to interrupt while things were getting interesting," Rhys said to us.

"Fortunately for Cassian's balls," Amren said, nestling back in her chaise, "you arrived at the right time."

Rhys laughed, and Cassian snarled. I just rolled my eyes, trying not to be embarrassed at what a mess I was, while also trying to figure out why I cared so much if Rhys saw me like this.

"Ready to go on a summer holiday?" Rhys asked us.

"The Summer Court invited you?" Mor demanded, sitting up straight in her chaise.

"Of course they did. Feyre, Mary, Amren, and I are going tomorrow," he announced.

I perked up, finally meeting his violet eyes. Of all the Courts, Summer had always interested me the most. I'd always wanted to go to a beach, find out first hand what sand felt like, what the ocean smelled like.

"The Summer Court is full of hotheaded fools and arrogant pricks," Cassian warned. "I should join you."

"You'd fit right in," Amren crooned. "Too bad you still aren't going."

"Watch it, Amren."

"Believe me, I'd prefer not to go, either," Amren said, baring her teeth at him.

"Cassian, considering the fact that the last time you visited, it didn't end well--" Rhys began.

"I wrecked one building--"

"And," Rhys cut him off. "Considering the fact that they are utterly terrified of sweet Amren, she is the wiser choice."

"It could easily be a trap," Cassian pushed. "Who's to say the delay in replying wasn't because they're contacting our enemies to ambush you?"

"That is also why Amren is coming," Rhys explained. "There is also a great deal of treasure to be found in the Summer Court. If the Book is hidden, Amren, you might find other objects to your liking."

"Shit," Cassian scoffed. "Really, Rhys? It's bad enough we're stealing from them, but robbing them blind--"

"Rhysand does have a point," Amren said. "Their High Lord is young and untested. I doubt he's had much time to catalog his inherited hoard since he was appointed Under the Mountain. I doubt he'll know anything is missing. Very well, Rhysand--I'm in."

"I will need you--not Amren--in the human realm," Rhys told Cassian. "The Summer Court has banned you for eternity, and though your presence would be a good distraction while Feyre does what she has to, it could lead to more trouble than it's worth."

"Just cool your heels, Cassian," Amren said. "We'll be fine without your swaggering and growling at everyone. Their High Lord owes Rhys a favor for saving his life Under the Mountain--and keeping his secrets."

"And the High Lord also probably wants to figure out where we stand in regard to any upcoming conflict," Mor added.

"Feyre and Mary, though," Cassian pressed. "It's one thing to have them here--even when everyone knows it. It's another to bring them to a different court, and introduce them as a member of our own."