03.

Ψ 𝐈 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭 Ψ

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐞, I had to try and outsmart the giant since they were themselves intelligent at trying to kill you.

Suddenly it grabbed a fire escape from the side of the building, and I panicked as the creature threw it right at my head.

I ducked and it struck the fence and it burst in flames and I thought of a great idea.

RUN!

I began zooming through the broken fence away from the 8-foot giant as it chased after me.

"Don't you try and run away now!" It screamed as I jumped onto the fire escape of a building and climbed but the giant was faster and it tore off the bottom half just as I reached the safe part, and I panicked looking at it.

That's when suddenly it broke off a fire hydrant and I saw the water begin to spew out from it and I looked at the water as if it began spewing out in slow motion.

I smirked seeing the water flow, the giant just made the worst decision possible.

I held out my hand at the water seeing it begin to form its shape as I looked at the creature watching that dragon I had once made before, and I told them "You need to play fair."

My dragon was created and flowed at my side, and I stepped back looking at it, I didn't have to speak, all I had to do was think of my command and it would do it.

Suffocate it.

My dragon sped at it circling it as it formed its own tornado of water and the Giant tried fighting it off only to splash the water trying to break free from the large amounts of water.

But my dragon stuck together returning to its form. I smiled as I looked at the edge and jumped down as the water from the hydrant scooped me up creating a floor beneath my feet with every step I took.

The giant tried reaching out for me, but my dragon would bury it back into the water and I smirked.

"I told you to play fair, and I've won." And with that my dragon created an area of attack as I thrusted my sword into its chest.

The giant gasped and I pulled it out as the giant turned to dust.

I looked at my dragon as I was set down on the ground and stared at it, I still don't know how I am able to do this, at first it would happen if I was furious like last year at camp when I wanted to actually drown Luke myself.

Now...it appears when I'm in danger. But...it's like a representation of my anger. The dragon slowly dispersed into the ground leaving me as I panted and looked at my sword and cleaned it with the water already everywhere.

I stuffed it into my satchel and ran home.

***

I ran up the stairs of my apartment complex and unlocked it as I shut and locked both doors behind me and then ran to the front door of my apartment and went inside quickly shutting the door behind me and laughing in relief.

I did it, I survived an attack from a cannibalistic monster that could've killed me in a second. I smiled to myself but as I turned around, I saw my mom in her dining uniform and Damien beside her with his arms crossed looking at me.

"Heeeeeeey...." I elongated my word, and they still didn't speak so I stayed silent as well.

"You have to get back to camp." Damien explained to me, and I looked at my mom and asked him "I mean...yeah but my mom and I are leaving tonight after her shift."

Damien seemed worried and he shook his head "something happened at camp that I haven't been able to tell you, and now that you can come back, we need to get there. We need to figure things out before they become worse."

Staring at him and then gazed over to my mom "what do I do?" I asked him and he just frowned.

"Please, we need you back." He grabbed my hand and I stared at him and looked at my mom.

She said "I already packed your things. If it's as urgent as it sounds, go now."

I hesitated at that moment, I wanted a few more hours here, feeling normal, with my mom. I knew my reality was gonna have to return to being a Demi-God soon, but just not now. And not yet.

My stomach churned thinking about returning, it would be bittersweet because of Luke and Percy, everything would feel different, and everything was already so different when you're a half-blood.

And now I'm gonna go back into this life without the feeling of, safety.

His safety.

Seeing my bags all packed up and, on the ground, I looked back to Damien, and I groaned out "fine. We'll go earlier."

He went ahead and grabbed my bags and began making his way to the door but as he passed me, he whispered in my ear "have a few minutes with your mom, I'll be waiting and getting your bags in."

Damien patted my shoulder and went out the door as I looked at my mom as my eyes began to water. I hugged her tightly and she just rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

I held her tightly as I whispered into her ear "what happens if I miss him too much?"

During nights like those my mom would comfort me, it's been hard. Having to see your own...he's not even my boyfriend but a boy you like so much make you stay put instead of letting you just go.

He was looking out for me of course, but it didn't matter to me. I wanted to go with him and now the fear of the unknown is settling in too deeply that it hurts so bad, and I am terrified.

I miss him so much.

"If you don't feel well, or if you're getting to overwhelmed just take deep breaths. I understand you care about him. But focus on what he would want for you. Stay calm." She whispered back and kissed the side of my head as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"My daughter is a beautiful High School graduate, who is special and unlike any other girl I've ever met. Now you're gonna go to that camp, be with your friends. And be the girl I raised you to be." She spoke and I nodded.

Pulling away from her she kissed my forehead, and I took my bag, and she grabbed my arm, and I looked back at her.

Her last words before I left were,

"Find that boy."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Hayleys mom definitely likes Hayley having a little crush, probably because he made her smile just like she does.

Damien of course is returning but he won't be as predominant as he was in the first book I'm sorry >.<

But don't worry cause there's so much in store!!!