16.

Ψ 𝐒𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 Ψ

𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝.

The CSS Birmingham. A ship that Ares rose for his daughter to take on this mission. Surprised he was a useful father for once.

She smirked while looking at it as I asked "is this safe? It doesn't...look like it's in the best of conditions."

Sebastian nudged my arm as I tried to shove him off as Clarisse assured me "yeah it is. The crew knows what they're doing, at least they should. They're dead confederates."

She laughed boarding the ship as I sighed playing with my bracelet as Sebastian went ahead and looked back at me.

"Are you coming or staying?" He asked while reaching out for my hand.

But I had that gut feeling, something wasn't right. Maybe not the ship itself. Let's call it intuition.

I looked up at Sebastian and took his hand as we walked aboard.

The crew were basically dead, so they did much of the heavy lifting as Clarisse instructed them of what to do. I looked out and around the beautiful sea.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck listening to the calm waves.

"Chip?" I heard breaking me from my thoughts as I turned to see Sebastian with a bag of Doritos as he munched down on them.

"Got them from the cafe here. The food doesn't look pleasant but the chefs said if I wanted better to fish for it. And I ain't doing that." He laughed and gestured the bag of chips again.

Seeing in his hand a chip already presented for me, I took one from the bag instead of the one he held onto. He rolled his eyes and ate it as I looked at him curiously, like I was scanning him for something.

"Okay I enjoy the attention but...not the way your eyes are looking like a bug." He backed away and chuckled lightly as I pursed my lips.

"Why did Clarisse choose you? I mean...I get why she chose me, were fr- I mean, she knows I'm resourceful. I am Poseidon's biological child." I tried to get around the fact.

Sebastian laughed at my words and approached me again, "you mean his daughter? I know you don't like it. But I like teasing you."

I scoffed at his words as he smiled pointing at my head "Your forehead wrinkles anytime you're upset."

I glared at him and felt my forehead do just as he said, and I stopped which made him laugh proving himself to be right.

"You complain about getting hurt, ruining your gorgeous face. So why choose you out of anyone else to take on this quest? It's not like you have Clarisse's battle skills or my...skills." I tried to explain myself but tried my best to not accidentally say I was his daughter.

He slowly approached me, and his chip bag was the only thing in between us as I saw him smile and ask me "did you just call me gorgeous?"

All I wanted was to snap his head he laughed and I asked, "do all of you just care about your beauty and whatever charm you think you have?"

Sebastian thought and shrugged "we enjoy being a little confident in ourselves if that's what you are trying to say."

I grunted and rubbed both my temples as I said "so you're all flirty when you walk by seeing the first thing that piques your interest? You're gonna get Clarisse and I killed. She acts more like an adult than you and we're the same age!"