30.

Ψ 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 Ψ

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, thinking...thinking about what my mom was doing. How Damien was?

Where Luke was...I missed him.

I looked out into the sea in my own thoughts as I overheard behind me Annabeth and Percy speaking. Being Latina, you must know we have big ears when it comes to gossip.

Rude, but...all of us enjoy a little gossip. But nothing was much different from what Luke told me the year before about Thalia, he told me that she died a hero's death. She sacrificed herself to save him, Annabeth, and Grover. What killed her was a cyclops, that was the reason Annabeth was so...

Reluctant.

But I didn't blame her if someone hurt Damien like that...I would act like that too. If anything hurt my friends, I would. Maybe that's why I now wish I could slice up Poseidon, Hermes, and Ares. For hurting my friends. The people who have taken me in.

Annabeth's take of it was scarier, Luke didn't like to speak about it, but Annabeth was 7 and remember vividly how Luke, Thalia and Grover were all tied up and bound to be cooked by the cyclops that tried to trick her by sounding like her father. Poor Girl.

I sighed and turned around to look at the two, "you guys need some rest. I'll man the boat."

They looked at me and I smiled "come on. Hurry along." Watching them both leave I looked ahead and frowned.

I looked at the bracelet on my wrist and took it off holding it in the palms of my hand.

HAYLEY D

Thinking about everything that has happened, I'm terrified of what's to come, where is Clarisse and Sebastian? Is Clarisse's prophecy going to come true? Looking at my bracelet I thought...how could I be deserving of anything that has happened?

Out of every kid Poseidon decided to have...how was I one of them?

It's not like he even wants me...so why? Why is it so hard to just...go on?

The boat took a while, but I finally started to see land, the boat was approaching slowly, and I ran towards the deck below and saw the two sleeping. But Percy seemed agitated, he was moving violently in his sleep. A nightmare.

Bending down, I shook him lightly "Percy!" I tried to call out to wake him.

"AHH!" He shouted, resulting in Annabeth waking up as well and I asked him "What's wrong?"

He panted, a light layer of sweat over him as he shook his head "n-nothing..."

I was gonna bug him later about it, so I didn't mind that he lied. "We're approaching land, hurry up."

As I made it back to the deck, I saw both of them come up and Annabeth looked ahead.

"That's the island of the sirens..." she told us, and I groaned, if sirens were anything from what I've seen on T.V they try to enchant men with their song, crash their ship and kill them.

At least that's what I know. But who knows?

Suddenly Annabeth looked at Percy and I as she started, "the sirens will be singing soon...and I want to hear them." Both Percy and I scoffed at her suggestion.

"No, you're not doing that!" I shouted as Percy asked "why Annabeth?"

She knew there wasn't a great explanation to give so she tried her best "the sirens...when they sing their song. They sing about the truth of what you desire. They tell you things that you haven't even realized. If you survive you become wiser."