13.

Ψ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 Ψ

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲, Annabeth and Tyson were subjected to punishment. Involving Lava. I felt bad, Tyson would make it through since cyclops are basically immune to the heat but for the poor 2 demi-gods it couldn't have been a treat.

At least that took up Tyson's time and I got to spend more time with Damien as we sat together eating my mom's food, she packed for him.

Hear that? HIM.

"So, how have things been going at camp?" He asked me while chewing.

Took a second to find my words but I explained, "well I am getting better at the fact Luke isn't here? However, whenever I hear the other campers talk...I feel...protective, but it's not like I can just raise my hand to make them suffocate in water at least a little."

He shut his mouth at those words and took another bite of his ceviche. The best way to describe it is a cold warm fresh soup mixed with shrimp and parsley among other things. It's good! Look it up and try and make it yourself, just don't hurt yourself because it is difficult to master.

My mom makes it great, not my favorite dish but Damien is Satyr he'll eat anything.

But as we continued talking to ourselves, we saw Sebastian approach us as he looked at me "no Demi-God I know can heal someone like that. And yet you keep it to yourself and never offer to help others!"

Damien looked at me as I groaned standing up and pulling Sebastian away telling him "Can you be any louder?!"

He was taken aback by my yelling as I groaned rubbing my head saying "it's not like I can do it on a whim, it's not easy! I barely know how to do any of that myself alright! I do it when I care about a person just as much as myself. And no offense hearing rumors about me being on Luke's side to take down Kronos every single fu-."

I had to stop myself as I growled trying to keep myself composed "hearing rumors about me being on Luke's side when clearly, I'm right here at camp. Why would I help those people? I shouldn't have even helped you, but I did!"

Sebastian and I stood in silence as Damien approached us "okay. I know we're all upset. But let's calm down or Sebastian she will drown you. She almost did that to me in the lake last year."

Crossing my arms I tried to give him attitude, but I may have looked like a five-year-old giving their mom the cold shoulder.

He sighed and looked at Damien "so did you know about this?" Damien fell silent.

Scoffing at his reaction I grabbed Sebastian's arm saying "hey...you think I want to do all of this?"

"You have the ability to help people! As someone who wasn't, wouldn't you want to do that?!"

"I was a normal kid before this! Shut up!"

"We all thought we were normal but we're not! So get that idea out of your head because you were always going to end up here!" He spat.

We glared at each other as Damien pressed his hands on both of our chests.

Damien let out a long sigh "look you guys are obviously on top of each other. Let's calm down...and maybe eat some more of Mrs. Reyes food?"

He held up the bowl and I groaned rubbing my eyes with both hands as Sebastian asked me "well? Are you going to help? My whole cabin is trying to understand how the hell my wound was healed on the exact same day."

I groaned explaining to him "Tantalus won't want me to do it! He's already pissed at Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson for this whole thing! I already was on thin ice for using my stupid water bending stuff outside of this place. If I didn't apologize and begged to not be punished, I would be where they're at!"

Huffing from anger Damien patted my back to gain back so much energy if that would even help. Sebastian just shook his head and paced.

"I'm sorry, but I can't." I apologized; it was the truth. I had to go into Tantalus's office after everything to explain what the hell I did.

Thankfully Mr. D. had pointed out I was already on punishment taking care of Tyson. And I did help camp not get totally eaten alive.

No more reason to continue something else when I already was 'suffering' with the monster.

"Okay, fine. You can't but do you have any idea what you're capable of? Could you save Thalia?" He asked and I thought about it.

"Highly unlikely since no offense to her. She's a plant and I only know how to do that for humans. I found out when my mom cut herself due to a broken glass and I helped her clean it up. I also won't try because if I make the tree worse I wouldn't forgive myself." I explained to him as he just nodded in understanding.

I left Sebastian there and walked away with Damien following behind holding his bowl of food.

"When did you have a thing for Aphrodite's son, now? Thought you couldn't get over Hermes, Traitor of a son." He laughed out of it as a joke, and I turned around.

"What?" I spoke with genuine confusion.

"That was hot tension between the two of you. Luke and you were too much of a slow burn type of love story, but you and Sebastian? It's like... hate to love...spicy yet romantic..." He tried to explain, and I almost choked on air.

Rolling my eyes he told me "Oh come on, you saw it! You felt the tension!" He shouted at me.

We kept walking as he told me "Sebastian Barrera...never would I have in my wildest dreams choose you to be interested in a guy like that."

"Because I don't! I won't!" I shouted at him.

Damien and I stopped as we looked at each other and he frowned, it was hard to talk about boys or liking other boys because Luke was bittersweet. Hell, I don't even know where he is! Damien has been trying to track him but because he needs to stay at camp, he's only been able to stay in one place.

But he has found that while he is far. Sometimes he catches his scent around New York out of nowhere. And then the next day it's just gone. We suspect maybe he is able to do that like the way he was able to escape camp the last time.

But why return to New York? We don't know. That's the puzzle we're trying to solve. But for right now we still have many missing pieces.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

More tensions rise as were about to get things started!!

Don't worry we will be getting a Luke POV in this book as well!

Won't be the next chapter but there will be one so look out for it!

Can't wait for the next chapter!