44.

Ψ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 Ψ

𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐧, 𝐒𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰.

They knew the truth of what Poseidon did to my mother, I guess Tyson did too? Just not the fullest extent of the story where I start sobbing at the end cause I've realized how much Poseidon destroyed my mom. But anytime I try to talk to Tyson he would quickly walk away in a hurry and...I didn't bother catching up once I saw him go after Percy.

I was alone in the woods as I saw Damien come over, he sat beside me and rubbed my back "I'm sorry."

He didn't want to say anything else, I just held his free hand and looked up at him "thank you for being my best friend...thank you for putting up with all the stupid crap-"

Damien laughed at my words and said "well, seeing that you are basically now Sebastian's...possible girlfriend...I've got to make sure he doesn't take advantage of you. But...are you sure it was okay to tell him?"

His words made sense, could I trust him?

"Yeah. He saved my life, all our lives...I think whoever his dad is. And his mom certainly did a fine job. They made sure he was a great kid."

Damien gave me a small nod as he laid his head on my shoulder as I tried finding the right words as I fidgeted with my wrist where my bracelet should've been.

I admitted, "Hermes visited me..."

Watching him widen his eyes in shock he asked me "you didn't...kill him, right?"

Thinking about it I pointed out "it was like a backhanded compliment type of conversation really...he told me that I was the only chance to stop Luke. But I tried to explain that Luke...was lying, he didn't want to be saved. But he just said it again, I was...the key to saving his son."

Chewing on his bottom lip to think he turned away and stroked his newly clean shaved chin. He didn't like hair surprisingly for being a goat, I mean...facial hair at least.

"I'm just shocked you didn't nuke him then and there. Did he say anything else?" He added with a laugh, and I rubbed my shoulders.

"Well...he said Poseidon knew about me...almost in way like...the god feared me..." I muttered.

Damien almost wanted to laugh at my words "one of the Big 3 fear you? He's just a wimp and doesn't want to claim you. Gods normally do that to have their kids feel less of themselves, many of them either fumble into a ball or grow stronger and train harder to prove to themselves. You're one of those."

My cheeks went pink from his compliment as I lightly shoved him, and he nudged his arm with my own as I thought about it.

"There was a cyclops there...I saw him so close to killing Percy and Tyson. I was so angry; I was so scared. Like every emotion in me was charged my 100. I turned into the sea, like...my body was translucent. I was made of water Damien." I finished.

He made his thinking face, scrunching his nose slightly as his forehead wrinkled with thoughts floating all around in there.

"Well, if Poseidon fears you, that means he didn't expect it from you. Which makes sense since he left you unclaimed. But I wouldn't worry. I know it, I'm going to be the best protector you could've ever had. I will be there when you...achieve it all." He proclaimed and took my hand in his.

I felt his fingers wrap around mine and I held his hand tighter as I teared up "why does he hate me...Damien? What did I ever do wrong?"

I whimpered as I felt tears leaving the ends and corners of my eyes and he pulled me in for a hug, I held his shoulders and wrapped my arms underneath his as he rubbed my back.