41.

Ψ 𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐧 Ψ

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩, I got off the centaur that took Sebastian and me. I looked over and saw all the kids around the camp, they looked wounded and beaten to a pulp, even Apollo's kids seemed worried even if they were the best of the best to help them out.

We all got off the centaurs and saw Clarisse in the crowd, she had just gotten back right before us. Everyone surrounded Thalia's tree watching Clarisse drape the cloth over the dying bark.

I saw Damien walk over to me as I smiled, and he held my hand and I held his. We watched as the fleece began to glow and slowly everything came back into the color, the tree giving off more of the looks of healing. It turned back into the brown healthy bark it should be and everyone in camp cheered.

Clarisse was of course the victor of this entire camp being carried off in all her glory, Sebastian and I didn't really get much credit. But we were alright with that, Chiron ordered for everyone to have patrol watch over the tree and guard it so that nothing could disrupt it from healing.

I was at Hermes cabin seeing Chris's stuff gone...he was seen, he wouldn't return.

It hurt me to know he lied. But he lied for good reasons...but still I worried. For him and Luke...

I walked over to the lake and sat at the dock with my feet dangling at the edge, I sighed and heard footsteps and spoke.

"Damien...I told you I need a break to collect my thoughts and...just stay calm." Sighing and shutting my eyes I heard.

"Not Damien..." my head turned and looked up seeing Sebastian smiling as he sat next to me, and I looked in front and out to the water that reflected with the moonlight.

Trying not to give him so much attitude I couldn't help it, "what do you want?"

Sebastian spoke, "I wanted to see if you were okay, after everything?"

I shook my head saying, "everything is just so confusing, and I thought Luke was...I mean...I can't explain it."

My hands rubbed my face as I groaned and held my hands together and looked at him as he seemed to look at me...with a look of interest...no. It was a look of...no. Not that word.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him.

He simply stated, "because you deserve better."

I stared at him as he leaned closer, and I felt him kiss my cheek as he slowly pulled away. My breath hitched as I stared at him.

"You deserve...so much better." he repeated, and I felt his hand move to hold mine as we just stayed in that position.

He asked me, "maybe when we go back to our lives, we can meet up? My dad lives in Queens. We can get to know each other outside of camp. You don't have to worry about Luke anymore. You deserve so much better, let me show you that."

But I couldn't speak.

We both heard "what the hell?"

Sebastian and I turned our heads in the same direction seeing Damien standing there in shock holding one of my mom's to-go containers.

"Damien!" I shouted standing up quickly as his eyes found my wrist.

He pointed to my wrist shouting "your bracelet!"

I was confused till I began having flashes of Luke and my bracelet. I had given it to him. I gasped softly and rubbed my wrist and looked at both Damien and Sebastian back and forth.