Day 17: Hostage Situation - Kit, Surge, and Sonic - AU2

Sonic had never seen Surge freeze so suddenly.

The Tenrec was always moving, running, and fidgeting. She didn't stop and she didn't freeze, even compared to Sonic. He'd never seen her scared.

But the calm, almost pleased "stop" was enough to make both of them freeze in their tracks.

The knife pressed to Kit's head drew blood, but he didn't dare shout or move. He just stared off, unsure of what to do. Kit looked away from Starline and to Surge.

"Sure. Keep going. Please." He whispered.

Surge stared at her, electricity crackling around her hands. "Wh- I- No!" She glared back at Starline. "Let him go, right now!" She demanded, the electricity only intensifying. She wanted to strangle the Platypus- she wanted him gone.

"Surge, pl-please keep going!" Kit pleaded, just ready to have his head stabbed as soon as either Surge or Sonic moved. Starline just pressed the knife further into his forehead.

"Shut up." Starline said calmly. "Now, you two are going to stand down before something bad happens." He said, looking back over to Surge and Sonic. "Understand?"

Suddenly, Starline shouted, falling to the ground. Tails stood there, holding one of his blasters. The doctor tried standing, but Tails aimed the weapon right at him.

He looked up to the others. "Hi," he said, nodding.