{three}

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

------

You know what?

Alphas really do suck.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

And I'm not just saying that because of Alpha What's-His-Face over here-

Actually, no.

Scratch that.

It is because of Alpha What's-His-Face. I was on the phone talking to my squadron when all of a sudden he decides to ominously hang around me. Which isn't only creepy, but is also really fucking annoying. How does one get rid of an Alpha that likes to stalk you?

Someone please tell me.

Alpha talk aside, I did manage to talk to my squadron earlier about leaving... And if anyone wants to know, the squadron I'm talking about isn't a part of my pack. We're technically a member of all of the packs in the surrounding territory. We serve as the main line of defense in case of emergencies. Think of it like the Avengers, I guess- and from what I gather from my baby brothers... We're pretty much like that, the defense line.

Anyways...

The squadron has no specific name, really, we're all selected by our packs in order to represent an organized defense of the best 'warriors'. I lead one of them, since my aunt is one of the head trainers, and unfortunately, thanks to Alpha What's-His-Face, I had to give that title away. I'm still irked about the fact that he thinks he's my mate. But I know better than to think that he's lying. Or at least lying without a purpose. Alphas like him... they don't mess about. Or at least I hope he's not. Besides, he should have killed me on the spot last night.

Or even better.

Rejected me.

But no. Instead, he chooses to be creepy and stalk me.

I walk through the woods, knowing full well that he's right behind me. Not that he's even cared to hide. I stop at a clearing and spin on my heel.

"Okay, Mr. Alpha, what is your problem?" I snap and he shamelessly just steps forward.

"You." He answers and I sigh.

"Ha, ha. Funny Alpha." I say as I fold my arms over my chest. "No, really, please, enlighten me on the whole mate thing, since my wolf clearly didn't get the memo."

"That's convenient. Considering I never wanted a clingy mate in the first place." He says casually as he leans on a tree. "And you can call me Maddox. Maddox Cross." I arch a brow.

"And I'm Elair. Nice to meet you." I say in a sarcastic tone.

"Have you finished 'sorting things out', with your little squadron?" Maddox asks me and I shrug.

"I don't know, Cross, have I? You've been stalking me the whole time, so why don't you tell me." I snap, but he simply smirks in response.

"Then we'll leave sooner than I thought we would." He answers simply but before he walks off, I hear someone storming my way with a fierce growl.

I roll my eyes at the source. It's the guy I pointed a gun at earlier.

"Move, Cross." The guy says, anger blatant in his tone, Maddox growls at him.

"Leave." Maddox seethes and the guy snarls.

"She shot Jillian! She deserves a thorough beating." He responds.