{sixteen}

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

There will be a few technical things in the beginning of this chapter- but don't worry about it, it's just about the little thing stuck in Elair's neck. _laciela

Also.

Yes. This is the chapter of the attack. So please, heed the [WARNING] 

------

"Are you feeling alright?" Ari asks me as I undo the braid in my hair. We were currently in the living room area and I had just come back from an early morning training session.

"I'm feeling great. Still not used to the slight... protrusion at the back of my neck... But I'm good." I say before sitting down on a little wooden stool. Ari releases a soft laugh before brushing my hair away with her leather-gloved fingers.

"Great. It seems to be doing fine, that's a relief." Ari says with a sigh before muttering a soft word that I can't fathom. The back of my neck suddenly feels cool and it spreads throughout my body.

"What was that?" I ask as the sensation dies down.

"It's a restoration spell. I have to do it every once in a while until the scal disappears off of your body."

"What the hell's a scal? And... it's visible? What does it look like right now?" I ask and Ari smirks before giving her hand out to me.

"Phone." She says and I quickly pull out my phone from my pants and hand it to her. With a quick picture, Ari hands back my phone and I stare at it. "That's the scal it's where the regulator stays. Well, regulator sounds a bit terrifying, it's called a sere, I use it most of the time to, well, regulate an abnormality."

"Abnormality, huh." I say as I stare at the picture.

It was like an encrusted silver piece that was stuck to the back of my neck. It was tiny but it had a little hole in it and as I was about to ask a question, Ari pulled out a thin almost glass like needle out of a small leather box.

"And that is...?"

"The sere. Your body absorbed the one I put in last night. It's like medicine, the first nights will be a bit of a hassle, since the scal will absorb it overnight, but with time, it'll adjust and you can put one in every few months or so until it disappears... Well, let's hope it'll only be there for little more than a few days."

"So... this is important?" I ask and Ari nods her head just as I hear the sound of it sliding into the weird thing at the nape of my neck. It sounds like a quick crystal sound and I hear the little thing lock into place.

"Uh huh. I can get rid of any magical mumbo-jumbo the Sentinels left on you." Ari says and I laugh.

"Never thought someone known as an ancient power would ever say the words mumbo-jumbo." I say and Ari laughs at me this time.

"I have to adapt too, you know?" Ari says as we laugh it off. "Have you been feeling something... more now, with you-know-who?"

"I have... impulses. More so than before." I say and Ari smiles proudly at me.

"Good. Hopefully we can get that sorted by the next full moon."

"Uh huh. Let's just hope we get the whole battle plan sorted... right now." I say and Ari laughs before nodding her head.