{six}

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

Again. This chapter is fairly graphic. 

------

I groan as I feel myself wake up. I open my eyes and almost jump. Just a few centimeters away from my face was Maddox. He was asleep and I was dressed in nothing but a plain white shirt that reeked of his scent. I looked down at myself and my eyes widened. I was wearing nothing but his shirt. I try to push him away but as soon as my fingertips make contact with his skin, an electric shock makes me pull them away. The shock exhilarated me. I stare confused at my fingertips before I spot Maddox's now open eyes, he's watching me with those amber eyes and its the type of intense stare you don't want to look into. But defiant little Elair just decides to go ahead and stare him straight through and another electrifying and exhilarating shock fills my body.

I think he notices this because his hand reaches up and grabs my own, my breath involuntarily hitches and before I can come up with a retort, Maddox is on top of me, his legs at either side of my thighs as he dips his head down and kisses my neck, right at the spot where my mark would be, and I moan against my will. But my body doesn't fight him.

Just as I feel his hands grip my shoulders, I feel a sharp pain in my neck and I gasp. Warmth seeps from my neck, blood begins to soak through my hair, and Maddox's mop of black hair does nothing to hide the fact that he's marking me without my consent. I'm about to scream when he covers my mouth and continues to work. I feel the anger surge within me and just as I'm about to push him away, the sound of a vibrating phone grabs at my attention and-

My eyes open wide and I lift my body off the damned bed. My breath is shaky and my blood feels like its boiling. Instinctively, I touch my neck to find it clean and bare. I sigh in relief. I'm in Maddox's room and I'm relieved when I see that Maddox's spot on the bed is empty. A vibrating sound catches my attention and I grab the phone on the bedside table and see that there's a call from an unknown number. I slide my thumb across the screen and answer it.

"Elair." I greet as usual.

"Soon." The hiss of a voice says before it hangs up. I arch a brow. The hell?

I look at my phone, it was 4 in the morning. Stupid prank calls. I roll my eyes before putting it back in the nightstand.

And that is when I realized that my dream was right about one thing. I was wearing Maddox's shirt, only his shirt with nothing beneath it, and I reek of Alpha. And no I don't reek of Alpha everywhere. I did not imply that he screwed me unconscious, yuck, just so we're clear. Not that I don't already- smell like Alpha, I mean... given my blood- anyways. I get out of the bed and walk over to the closet, I grab some red underwear, and given its expensive seeming material, I dress down a bit and opt not to show off my mid-section. I hop into the shower for a quick wash of my body before dressing up quickly in a fancy black long sleeved top with sheer sleeves, a deep plum colored pair of high-waisted shorts, some similarly colored chunky heels, and I pull on some jewelry, particularly rings, because those are always fun and they hurt people like a bitch when you punch them

I feel hunger gnaw at me before I finish straightening my hair. I have fairly little makeup other than a bit of shadow, eyeliner, and mascara. I walked out of the room and decided to grab some breakfast. So I make my way to the kitchen... which surprisingly, actually has people cooking stuff in it. They all bow their heads respectfully in my direction and I decide not to respond as I open one fridge and grab a tiny tub of yogurt. I open it up and grab a spoon to eat it with before cutting up a couple of fruits and putting it into a cup. With my fruits and yogurt, I sit at the breakfast bar as some girls and boys hustle around to get some food cooking.