{thirteen}

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

Author's Note: Anyone ready for a hot chapter? Cause I am. ;)

------

Things are... weird between Maddox and I. It seems that Maddox has decided to play the Silent Treatment on me and I have decided to show him that I do not give a single fuck.

Funny right?

Just two days ago, we were making out in the lake leaving hickeys all round our bodies and now?

We're about as pissed off as feral rats. If... that's possible. I'm not good at these comparisons.

So... I have devised this amazing plan to totally go out with Winter tonight. Hopefully, unnoticed, long enough for Jasper and Maddox to worry. Well, Winter actually has errands to do so Jasper probably won't be all that worried. But me?

I have a club to hit that will hopefully get Maddox to come to my "rescue".

Where did this idea come from? Celine, my younger sister. Where else?

***

"I'm having boy problems." I whisper into my phone as I circle Maddox's office.

Maddox was out training the pack while I decided to play the I'm-really-angry-mate and stay in for the day doing nothing but yoga poses.

"What?!" Celine gasps and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, Celine, I have guy issues. Relax."

"Omg, so like, is it because you guys have bad sex or is it becau-"

"I'm not going to discuss sex with my younger sister until she's legal. Thanks." I say and I know Celine's rolling her eyes as well.

"She should make him jealous!" A voice in the background yells and I know it's my other sister, Allie, who, by the way, is only 15.

"Excuse me?" I ask and I hear the phone fumbled around with before Celine scolds Allie.

"Stop! This is my phone, Allie. Bug off." Celine says and I chuckle at the sound of their voices.

"But you know I'm right! Elair's pretty, what's the big deal? There are lots of other guys out there! Bigger fish!" Allie shouts and Celine hushes her.

"Shut up!" Celine says in a hushed tone.

"She does have a point..." I trail off and I hear Celine's sigh.

"True, but you have to be hot as in on point hot- and I mean, I'm-totally-angry-at-you-watch-me-grind-someone-else hot."

"Ew... That's a definite no. Grinding is a most definite no. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me cringe." I react and Celine groans.

"You are the most uptight 22 year old ever. Even Taylor Swift is less uptight than you."

"You don't actually know her!" Allie yells and Celine shushes Allie again.

"She's a superstar! You don't even know her!" Celine responds and I ignore their quarreling.

"Woo. I can totally pull this off. Angry so-called 'sexy' Elair. Okay." I pep-talk myself.

"Uh huh. Which actually happens often? Have you seen how stiff guys are when you train them in that neon sports bra I made you wear last summer? God. You should have seen Greg's-"