𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐎𝐅 relief. it was finally friday. one week of school basically over and your parents would be back on the weekend.

you were sat in english, literally about to fall asleep, when you looked over to aika who managed to persuade the teacher to let her move next to you. the blonde was scribbling quickly on a piece of important looking paper - it definitely wasn't the english work.

"hey, aika." you whispered, trying not to shock her too much. the girl turned her head to you, raising her brows in curiosity. "what are you doing?" you asked, gesturing down to the paper.

"student council work..ive been so busy with homework i've barely had any time to do it all." upon closer inspection you noticed the dark circles under her eyes. she'd also been quite sleepy during lunch, to the point where she rested her head in kimiko's lap.

"how much more of it is there for you to do?" aika held up a finger to say 'one second' as she dug around in her bag, pulling out a thick wad of paper. your eyes widened as the pile of paper made a small thud on the desk. "when are you expected to complete this all by?" you asked, concern apparent in your voice.

"monday. so i have the weekend." she gave you a weak smile. you glanced at the clock on the wall which read 2:48. school would finish soon and you knew that aika would most likely stay behind doing student council work til she couldn't see straight.

you tapped her lightly on the shoulder, making her turn to you again. "let me help. you've got loads to do and i bet it's exhausting. it will be easier with two people doing it right?" her tired eyes lit up at your words and she dropped her pen on the desk to grab your hands.

"you'd really do that?" you nodded, smiling at her. "thank you so much, y/n. can i call you y/n?" you nodded, your smile widening at the sound of your first name coming out her lips. "we can work in the student council room after school ends." she suggested and you nodded.

the remaining ten minutes went by in a flash, and you and aika were headed over to the student council room. it was empty, so perfect for the two of you to work in.

"hey aika, don't the rest of the student council help out? its a lot for just one person." you said, referring to the stack of papers.

"a lot of people said they were really busy, so i offered to take a little portion of work from them. all of them.." she said, exhaustion seeping through her voice. you placed a hand on her shoulder to capture her attention.

"next time don't take so much work upon yourself, it's a lot." your friend nodded. "and if you ever have this much to do again, i really don't mind helping out. just come talk to me, okay?" aika gave you a wide smile, her eyes beginning to water. she quickly dried them with her sleeve.

"jeez i must be really tired if i'm getting all emotional."

"then let's get all this done so you can get some sleep."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

around two and half hours had passed and the two of you were able to demolish about half the pile of papers. "thanks for helping y/n, really." you reassured her it was all fine.